New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've held the wood stock carbine, the stainless carbine with composite stock, the takedown, and the deluxe. Out of them all I liked the deluxe the most in my hands, and the standard wood carbine the least (what a terrible stock, haha).

What would you buy if this was your first 10/22?

Someone on rimfire central recommended the k10/22 LVT Acusport distributor exclusive. I must say that looks like a classy 10/22 :). I have no idea how to aquire one of these without ordering one though.

e

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I just got a takedown. Great rifle. Perfect shtf or zombie firearm. Fits in that nice little bag for perfect on the go situation, and shoots as well as any other standard 10/22. Although I am now looking into getting a custom 10/22 for a second plinker to have on hand. Anyone you choose you will be happy with GREAT firearm no matter what.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Composite stock. If you want a takedown rifle, get an AR15 with the stock collapsed all the way before pinning, and a 16 inch barrel.

·
Super Moderator
3,227 Posts
I have a very old carbine with wood stock. I love it. I think you have to sit down and figure out what you are going to use the gun for. Are you going to transport it a lot and need to fit it in a small space, are you going to hunt with it, will it be just a range gun? I'd go composite for a hunting gun because of wet weather. For a range gun, I don't think it would matter which model. If you have to pack it a lot, the takedown would be nice. Not sure what is so bad about the wood stock model unless the stock has been changed through the years. Mine has served me well for a bit over 40 years (yea, it's a preban). Just my two cents worth.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
What are you going to use It for?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I just picked up the Ruger SR-22 RSC. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to fire it yet, but it's based on the 10/22 so I don't imagine there will be any issues.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I should have clarified some things then haha.

This is just for fun, heavy plinking and that's it. I think I'm going to stick with my mark 2 for hunting.

I don't hike/pack so having the take down isn't necessarily appealing, although I do think the gun is neat. The more I look at the distributor exclusives the more I go "ooh that looks slick."

·
Registered
710 Posts
i have the carbine. i have also purchased aftermarket everything for it. pretty soon ill have my custom ruger 10/22 and my carbine will be for sale....after i get an aftermarket receiver. this gun is fun to modify!

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I've got 3 10/22 you can't go wrong with any that you chose!! And if you're a new shooter maybe look into an Appleseed shoot great program!!

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man look at this crazy thing. I don't think I would want one of these ($400), but it is quite the looker. Anyhow, I think I'm going to hold out for a while and see if buds comes up with the LVT in the first post for sale. That one looks perfect for what I want in a stock 10-22.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I just picked up the Ruger SR-22 RSC. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to fire it yet, but it's based on the 10/22 so I don't imagine there will be any issues.

I would like to hear how it shoots for you. I bought one last year and could not get any ammo I tried (10 different types) to group well, I was very dissapointed and sold it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had a Stainless with synthetic stock ordered when the Take Down came out. I canceled and bought the TD. Great little gun. Probably will never backpack it anywhere but it packs behind the seat in my truck better. I like it.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
+1 on knowing how this rifle shoots also,...lol..... I just brought one home. Tell you soon.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts