New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i turned in my paper work like 2 weeks ago in Jefferson county. I know it be like 2 months before i hear about my paper work. For the interview what kind of questions do they ask?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Why is this titled "All counties"? Every county is a bit different. For instance, I didnt have an interview, so I cant answer your question.

·
Registered
460 Posts
at my "interview" that i was given on spot we check over the paper work and just had regular conversation. no specific question of even talk related to firearms or anything relevant.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
at my "interview" that i was given on spot we check over the paper work and just had regular conversation. no specific question of even talk related to firearms or anything relevant.
Okay, I stand corrected then...thats exactly what mine was with the Pistol Permit Clerk (who was a sheriff's deputy).

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
My interview was conducted over the telephone. Just asked the basic questions:
Where do you work
How many children, ages, etc.
Belong to any clubs
How do you plan to secure your firearms.
yada, yada, yada.
No big deal, just answer honestly and everything will be fine.

·
Registered
88 Posts
They ask why you want it, what kind of back ground with firearms you have. Also where you'll keep it in your house and if your wife or significant other knows you applied for the permit and what their thougths are. All in all probably twenty or so questions basically during conversation.
And don't expect to hear anything in 2 months. Unless they cleaned up the year backlog.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
In monroe the question county the question that caught me most off guard was how do you deal with stress.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I didn't have an interview, and if I had, I wouldn't remember it because it was 30 years ago that I received my permit:wacko:

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Wayne county does not contact references, also the interview consists of the deputy asking if you need any gun locks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts