New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
"The assault weapons and round count parts of the safe act will have no effect on crime in the City of Albany"

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Kind of wishy washy to me. I know that the rank and file think that it's a joke, and the union published a statement to that effect. I also doubt that previously legally owned pistols show up at crime scenes in NY. Maybe guns from other states, but not this one.

·
Registered
115 Posts
He tap danced around that question like Bing Crosby with Danny F'n Kaye

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
"The assault weapons and round count parts of the safe act will have no effect on crime in the City of Albany"
But the others will? Get the **** out of here.

I'm surprised though he admitted even those two parts wouldn't work.

·
Registered
367 Posts
There was an interesting interview from the Albany county sheriff the other day on WGY too. Did anyone catch that?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Kind of wishy washy to me. I know that the rank and file think that it's a joke, and the union published a statement to that effect. I also doubt that previously legally owned pistols show up at crime scenes in NY. Maybe guns from other states, but not this one.
All guns were legally owned by someone at some time, no?

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
But the others will? Get the **** out of here.

I'm surprised though he admitted even those two parts wouldn't work.
So am I. His boss, at least for the next month is one of Cuomo's best pals. And the Albany PD department officers are the ones who bought 50 machine guns using fraudulent official paperwork, the guns were taken home, sold, and traded. The only reason anyone found out is that one officer sold his to a local gunshop because he needed money, and an ATF guy doing a routine check noticed it. The guns were sold to district attorneys and other people, full class IIl weapons.

No one was ever even arrested.

Machine gun list shows cops held multiple guns - Times Union

So the APD doesn't really have a great history of following gun laws.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
All guns were legally owned by someone at some time, no?
Essentially what he's saying if you watch the video, is that when a NYS pistol permit holder dies, his handguns are ending up in the possession of the guys with 4 illegitimate kids, loud mufflers, no job and their pants hanging off of their ass.

And I'm calling him on that one. I'd just love to see the % of recovered guns that fit that description.

There's lots of guys on the job on this forum, hopefully one of the LEOs who post here will add to this topic.

·
Registered
896 Posts
It was too aggravating to watch this guy. It was like watching a kid in school trying to answer the teacher when they haven't done their homework. If I lived in Albany I would work to get this guy out of office. I also take issue with the comment about the pistols getting into the hands of criminals after people who have permits and either die or go into assisted living homes. Total BS!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts