New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So got this today:

To obtain an unrestricted permit, you will have the burden to show “proper cause” – that is, “a special need for selfprotection distinguishable from that of the general community or of persons engaged in the same profession” (see Matter of Bando v Sullivan, 290 AD2d 691, 693 [3d Dept 2002]; NY Penal Law
§ 400.00[2][f])

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Judge David Weinstein in Albany County

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So got a call from Judge's office the other day stating that in light of Supreme Court ruling, they'd approve unrestricted license if I still wanted that, so I did and they sent off to Albany County Clerk's office. They kinda intimated that there's a "small window" before NYS changes things again, so better to do it now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats.. please read and study.. Article 35 NYS Penal Code. !! If you do not know Article 35 . And shoot someone in your house or anywhere else . without trying to escape retreate and you shoot him you can and may spend 25 yesrs in jail!. For all reading this. PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND ARTICLE 35 NYS PENAL CODE ON THE RESTRICTIONS AND PROPER USE OF DEADLY FORCE IN NYS. ! THIS ISNT A DRESS REHERSAL ONCE YOU ENGAGE. YOU ARE IN IT WAIST DEEP. BE SAFE. Cookie. Bronx Ny

·
Registered
336 Posts
Congrats.. please read and study.. Article 35 NYS Penal Code. !! If you do not know Article 35 . And shoot someone in your house or anywhere else . without trying to escape retreate and you shoot him you can and may spend 25 yesrs in jail!. For all reading this. PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND ARTICLE 35 NYS PENAL CODE ON THE RESTRICTIONS AND PROPER USE OF DEADLY FORCE IN NYS. ! THIS ISNT A DRESS REHERSAL ONCE YOU ENGAGE. YOU ARE IN IT WAIST DEEP. BE SAFE. Cookie. Bronx Ny
You, better not talk to the Cops. Lawyer Up!
You only identify you are the victim!

·
Registered
152 Posts
So got a call from Judge's office the other day stating that in light of Supreme Court ruling, they'd approve unrestricted license if I still wanted that, so I did and they sent off to Albany County Clerk's office. They kinda intimated that there's a "small window" before NYS changes things again, so better to do it now.
Just curious, was there a small charge for the upgrade? I wouldn’t be surprised if there were. Remember, never pass up an opportunity to cash in when you can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts