New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2,107 Posts
I get Judge O'Connor. I was typically seeing 2-3 weeks, once it was a month as she was on vacation. My latest one is at 7 weeks and in 2 weeks I have to meet with her to discuss is bull**** so i probably won't see it for another month. Its bull**** and I dont have the money to legally fight it so all I can do is suck it up and wait.

· Registered
491 Posts
An amendment is when you purchase a pistol and have to add it (register) to your permit, the state likes to keep a db on what type of and how many guns you have.
Holy crap, seriously? I saw this amendment thing a few times and finally had to ask. So you guys have to have a judge sign off or whatever? Niagara County looks better and better the more I'm on this forum.

· Registered
421 Posts
Niagara County looks better and better the more I'm on this forum.
no way, Otsego is good on this one, my turn around time for my permit was about 2 months and every time I buy a new pistol, my ammendment is basically a $3 coupon I buy at my local Sherriff Department (not far away either) and I can go and buy the gun and take it home with me that day. Did I mention I never did have to meet with a detective?

· Registered
3,865 Posts
If your judge is on vacation or a temporary other assignment, your amendment will sit until he gets back.

· Registered
2,107 Posts
Called today to the county clerk's office and they checked still no amendment. 5 weeks and this is my first gun after receiving my permit.BULL$HIT
What judge is it? You can call there office. The clerk is a useless middle man IMO. If they feel annoyed they move u to the bottom of the pile.

· Registered
2,107 Posts
Wow, what you guys have to go through sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erie county. we buy a gun, take the receipt to PP office and they add it to the permit. Five to ten minutes on a busy day.
Yeah, Albany is English for ass-backwards.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just called and spoke to a very nice lady and she told me that he has been out doing trials in Sullivan county. She took my name and number and told me she would talk to him today about it. Wasted all that time calling albany county clerks office and they never did anything for me.

Thanks JVG

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.