New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Guy likes to party. Giving a DUI to someone on a blow up raft is fing stupid.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Haven't been around the St. Lawrence/1000 Islands Region enough where they nab folks like that all the time have ya.

They give speeding tickets too.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
what if was on a log? Natural piece of wood, I don't get this, other than he could have drown, can't see him harming anyone like a motorized vehicle or boat could, ok, lets take it one step farther, what if he was in a taxi on a raft?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
****ing stupid he wasn't "driving" he was floating... and last time I checked their is no law against floating under the influence

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
even if you can't get a dui, they could probably get you for public intoxication or something else though.
i got pulled over on my bicycle one time, while on a sidewalk.
the cop pulled right up on the sidewalk in front of me and that's what he threatened to give me after I told him i was riding my bike as I thought it was more responsible than driving. all ended up well with me that night thankfully, but lesson learned.

·
Registered
202 Posts
There might be good reason for it. I spent a couple of weeks in Fairbanks several years ago. Some of the rivers in the area, are narrow and winding with shallow points. Many people up there run jet-boats that can FLY up these rivers. A drunk floating on a tube has no chance against a boat cruising 30mph+... Other rivers up there are wide but have strong currents that a sober person couldn't swim in.

I've seen similar things done on one of those Alaska State Trooper shows (or similar) on Nat Geo, where they had a line of troopers standing in a river checking on people in a river race. They were handing out DUI tickets there...

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
There might be good reason for it. I spent a couple of weeks in Fairbanks several years ago. Some of the rivers in the area, are narrow and winding with shallow points. Many people up there run jet-boats that can FLY up these rivers. A drunk floating on a tube has no chance against a boat cruising 30mph+... Other rivers up there are wide but have strong currents that a sober person couldn't swim in.

I've seen similar things done on one of those Alaska State Trooper shows (or similar) on Nat Geo, where they had a line of troopers standing in a river checking on people in a river race. They were handing out DUI tickets there...
So let's screw up their life so they don't screw up their life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts