New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea why I turned this moron on today, but I did and decided to watch an entire show of his. I feel very sick as well as a bit less intelligent. My fault I guess, I could change the station.

So anyway, the big subject with this coke head today was voter ID. Again.

Why is having an ID to vote so racist and un-American, but gun owners needing a Pistol Permit is okay? How is one so bad and the other so needed?

I think I may punish myself a bit more and and watch the idiot Chris Mathews!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
All we have to do is put pictures on welfare/ebt cards. Voila! Everyone who doesn't already have an ID would have one.

As for Al, snitches get stitches. I hope there is someone left that the fat-headed rat snitched on who is still holding a grudge.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Had that argument with my sister the other day. She said "People in the inner city don't have licenses", my reply was "they buy plenty of beer, so they've got some kind of ID". She didn't have a reply, she just repeated that requiring an ID to vote would discriminate against them.

·
Registered
558 Posts
......Why is having an ID to vote so racist and un-American, .....
Of all the forums on the internet.... I would not expect this site to have people who support "having papers" "issued by the man" that allow "exercising a Constitutionally protected right".

Voter ID is a bad idea. For many of the same reasons gun registration is bad.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Of all the forums on the internet.... I would not expect this site to have people who support "having papers" "issued by the man" that allow "exercising a Constitutionally protected right".

I generally agree with you about the "papers" thing, but people must be identified before allowing them to vote.
Interestingly enough, according to the constitution the right to bear arms is more fundamental than the right to vote. The 2A has always been understood to apply to all free persons, the right to vote only applied to male landowners.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Yes, that nasty requirement to show picture ID would hinder some liberals from voting for their favorite candidate 6 times. That would be un-American.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Kinda curious, where did I say Voter ID was a good thing or that I support it?

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Maybe they could send out voting tokens to registered voters to be redeemed at the polls when you vote. I would accept that as an alternative to presenting ID. As long as there is some mechanism to ensure that only authorized people vote (i.e. excludes illegals) and that they only vote once.

I have to sign in to vote, so since I am already actually signing my name next to it's printed counterpart it's not like it's an objection to being identified.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Let's stop the nonsense right now.

Voter ID is needed. When you have dead people, illegals, and anonymous college kids voting thousands of times under the same name and birthdate, there is no other recourse.

Don't confuse "papers" with a solution to preventing the libtards from owning the country because they cheated. Don't be an enabler.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Sharpton gives me gas. He is a self serving, race baiting, bloviating ignoramus. Just thinking about him made my IQ drop.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts

Voter ID is needed. When you have dead people, illegals, and anonymous college kids voting thousands of times under the same name and birthdate, there is no other recourse.

Don't confuse "papers" with a solution to preventing the libtards from owning the country because they cheated. Don't be an enabler.
Hmm, let's change that a bit:

Gun control is needed. When you have felons, illegals, and college kids shooting thousands, there is no other recourse.

Don't confuse "responsible gun control" with confiscating everybody's guns.

Don't be an enabler. Also, you don't need 10 bullets to kill a deer.
The idea of rampant voter fraud at the polls is Fox bull****, and the latest distraction to keep from worrying about the real issues (I'd like to meet all these people who are able to vote thousands of times... they must travel like Santa Claus!). Shouldn't we worry about enforcing the laws we have instead of making new ones? How much voter fraud (at the polls, which is what we're talking about here) was prosecuted under Bush? If the answer isn't "a whole lot" then I have to wonder where these assumptions are coming from.

The voter ID stuff is a neat little solution to a problem that is barely existent. If you're worried about the state of our democracy people voting is not the problem. Money is the problem.

Incidentally, I know plenty of older folks who have no license because they live in the city and they get alcohol just fine. Most are white, but that's because of where I've lived.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
We could just call it "Common Sense Voting Reform." No arguing with that, right?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts

The idea of rampant voter fraud at the polls is Fox bull****, and the latest distraction to keep from worrying about the real issues (I'd like to meet all these people who are able to vote thousands of times... they must travel like Santa Claus!). Shouldn't we worry about enforcing the laws we have instead of making new ones? How much voter fraud (at the polls, which is what we're talking about here) was prosecuted under Bush? If the answer isn't "a whole lot" then I have to wonder where these assumptions are coming from.

The voter ID stuff is a neat little solution to a problem that is barely existent. If you're worried about the state of our democracy people voting is not the problem. Money is the problem.

Incidentally, I know plenty of older folks who have no license because they live in the city and they get alcohol just fine. Most are white, but that's because of where I've lived.
So, your argument is that voter fraud by the left is fictitious?

And, you compare the requirement of ID for voting to gun control?

You ever get that feeling when you walk into a room that you don't belong there?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts

Right. There's no voter fraud. Move along...nothing to see here.

New claim: Bloomingburg voter fraud | recordonline.com

Voter fraud found in Kiryas Joel mayoral election | recordonline.com

Monroe vote tallies illuminate sharp divide

These are just some local examples.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
if voter id is required, how can the democrats get multiple votes like Obama did? cmon guys, they need all the xtra votes they can get!

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
if voter id is required, how can the democrats get multiple votes like Obama did? cmon guys, they need all the xtra votes they can get!
If we require UBRCs then how can shooters get guns? Common guys we need to help stop them from getting guns!

If 30 round magazines are required, how can shooters limit their firepower when they shoot up schools! Common extremists this is common sense!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I'm not entirely sure why you don't see it as the same thing.
Because I have a brain.

Look at it like this:

No ID required to vote means that people can illegally vote to deprive you of your rights to defend yourself. That's a bad thing.

No ID to possess a firearm means that you can defend yourself. That's a good thing.

So...I'll let you choose...Good thing...or bad thing?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I dont have a link to it, but going back 10 years, Radio personalities Opie @ Anthony, btw Anthony is a huge 2nd amendment guy etc from the island of Long. They had a song called ''Reverand Al'', It was great if anybody wants to look it up,probably on youtube..

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Because I have a brain.

Look at it like this:

No ID required to vote means that people can illegally vote to deprive you of your rights to defend yourself. That's a bad thing.

No ID to possess a firearm means that you can defend yourself. That's a good thing.

So...I'll let you choose...Good thing...or bad thing?
Bad thing.

So now we have to pay to vote. Sorry can't get behind that logic.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts