New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up felllas, I recently bought another WASR 10, about 6 years old, It has the normal slant muzzle break but it has right handed threads. I have a WASR 10/63 that has the normal ak left hand threads and can't find much info on why this one has right hand threads.... also after about 2 shots the trigger pivot pin comes loose and backs out the left side causing the end to slide back in the receiver. Ive tried hamming the pin back in real snug but it just backs back out. I bought the Tapco G2 single hook trigger to help out. any way i could flare the end so it can't back out? thanks for any advice guys.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
whats up felllas, I recently bought another WASR 10, about 6 years old, It has the normal slant muzzle break but it has right handed threads. I have a WASR 10/63 that has the normal ak left hand threads and can't find much info on why this one has right hand threads.... also after about 2 shots the trigger pivot pin comes loose and backs out the left side causing the end to slide back in the receiver. Ive tried hamming the pin back in real snug but it just backs back out. I bought the Tapco G2 single hook trigger to help out. any way i could flare the end so it can't back out? thanks for any advice guys.
I would look into what they call "Anti walk" trigger pins, I got a set for one of my mossbergs, it is basically a pin that instead of just pushing in snugly actually screws together, I am willing to bet they have them for AKs too.

The bigger issue here is that you have 2 WASRs with threaded barrels, there are no such things as preban WASRs to my knowledge or to anyone elses and a threaded barrel in NYS is illegal, so grind them off or have someone weld the brakes onto the gun for you after you get them where u want them, either way I hate to see a member here catch a felony over his hobby, get those threads in order!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would look into what they call "Anti walk" trigger pins, I got a set for one of my mossbergs, it is basically a pin that instead of just pushing in snugly actually screws together, I am willing to bet they have them for AKs too.

The bigger issue here is that you have 2 WASRs with threaded barrels, there are no such things as preban WASRs to my knowledge or to anyone elses and a threaded barrel in NYS is illegal, so grind them off or have someone weld the brakes onto the gun for you after you get them where u want them, either way I hate to see a member here catch a felony over his hobby, get those threads in order!
right on man, thanks for the info.. I can weld, so as soon as i find a right hand muzzle break I'm gonna tack it in place. Im looking to go for something other than the standard slant.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
It's an AK the most basic fix will be the best.

Take small body retaining pin from an RC car and after push the FCG pin in place install the body clip pin in the depression on the FCG pin on the inside of the receiver and you are done.

You can also use E clips, C clips ore a shepherds crook. Any of these will retain the FCG pin and keep it from walking out and causing problems.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
It's an AK the most basic fix will be the best.

Take small body retaining pin from an RC car and after push the FCG pin in place install the body clip pin in the depression on the FCG pin on the inside of the receiver and you are done.

You can also use E clips, C clips ore a shepherds crook. Any of these will retain the FCG pin and keep it from walking out and causing problems.
Are AR threads right handed? Maybe someone set up that AK to take AR muzzle brakes.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I did not mention 1 thing in my post about AR's.
No, no, what I meant was, if the AK barrel is right hand threaded and you cannot find a right hand threaded AK brake, perhaps there are no right hand threaded AK muzzle brakes and it was a custom job done so that the AK could use AR muzzle brakes instead, if AR threads are right hand twist, perhaps u could test the theory, that is what I meant.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts