1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
60 Posts
criminals shouldn't have ak-47s. I agree.

So that means U.S citizens who have never broken any laws shouldn't own them. I STRONGLY DISAGREE.

It's another load of bs. At least my ak is a mak-90 so it's pre-ban and will still be pre-ban if something passes. This stuff still is a pain and it is ridiculous.

Obama supporting gun control is going to cost him voters for sure now , Gun control is becoming less popular among people it seems now. Which is always good.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Well I"m not a soldier so I must be a criminal, cuz you know, I own an AK47.....the anti-gun speeches just get dumber and dumber.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I love how he named the AK-47, yet an AK was not used in the Aurora shooting. Maybe he can place the blame for the entire incident on barrel shrouds. Ya know, "The shoulder thing that goes up."

He made no mention of AR's, shotguns, or pistols. However, what type of small arms you own should not matter anyways, as a VAST majority of us gun owners are good folks.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I have been a gun hobbyist and a shooter for 45 years. I do not own an AK or an AR, nor have I shot any.

However, I see no problem whatsoever with anyone who can pass the present NICS format in owning any kind of semi-auto with any capacity mag

Intelligent, rational, logical people realize that guns are not dangerous until a dangerous nut picks it up and fires it.

How many times do they have to be told? Obama is like Bloomberg is like Feinstein is like Schumer is like McCarthy....WRONG!

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
I believe the majority of gun owners would agree that we should do everything possible to prevent criminals and fugitives from purchasing weapons; that we should check someone's criminal record before they can check out a gun seller; that a mentally unbalanced individual should not be able to get his hands on a gun so easily," he said. "These steps shouldn't be controversial. They should be common sense.
Hey Moron, how exactly are you going to stop that. The Kid from Va Tech.......no history of criminal or mental problems, The Kid from Aurora Co......no history of criminal or mental problems. The nut job even has a PHd in neuroscience.

Lets not forget the explosives he had in his apartment. If he didn't have firearms, this could have been a whole bunch worse.

·
Registered
820 Posts
In his speech Obama also said he believes the 2nd Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms, but then referenced only hunting and shooting. Nothing about self-defense or defense against tyranny.

And that stupid binary opposition, "belong in the hands of soldiers, not criminals," may have earned him applause in front of the National Urban League, but it's going to cost him PA, OH, NC, CO, and a bunch of other states (where law-abiding citizens own AKs) in November.

Honestly, I'm glad he's opening his mouth here. It can only hurt his chances at re-election.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
"belong in the hands of soldiers, not criminals," is way better than "belong only in the hands of soldiers" and if you take it at face value then what he is said is correct

ak's belong in the hands of soldiers = true
ak's do no not belong in the hand of criminal = true
do ak's belong in the hands of responsible private citizens = "existing laws only"

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
:lurk: I love watch Obama shoot himself in the foot. Pun intended.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Intelligent, rational, logical people realize that guns are not dangerous until a dangerous nut picks it up and fires it!
To be fair we are talking about politicians here, none of that is required for the job. Just money, a box full of fake votes, a whole bunch of crooked people around you and the dead voting democrat.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
I better get my ass over to All Star Tactical before NObama and Bloomberg completely mess up the coun.............crap, to late

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Hey Moron, how exactly are you going to stop that. The Kid from Va Tech.......no history of criminal or mental problems, The Kid from Aurora Co......no history of criminal or mental problems. The nut job even has a PHd in neuroscience.

Lets not forget the explosives he had in his apartment. If he didn't have firearms, this could have been a whole bunch worse.
Who knows maybe there is a provision in the healthcare bill or they will make a new law saying you have to see a psychologist before buying any firearm.

I say just make the sentences a lot harsher. Criminals cant use guns if they are behind bars.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
*sigh*
Unless you're specifically talking NFA stuff nobody in the US civilian world has an AK to begin with.
AK47 and AK74 are select fire weapons.
Those you buy at shows, shops, stores, etc, are not, I repeat not, AK's no matter how much the morons want you to believe they are.
(and look at the **** ton of sheeple they've already convinced of that with nothing more than media doublespeak)

However, you guys seem to be missing the more subtle point:
AK's are mentioned instead of AR's because AR's wouldn't fall under the UN small arms BS currently being worked on.

Don't ya get it?
He's flapping his lips about AK's because he's trying to legtimize signing that POS treaty, so when it happens he can claim he did it for the children or whatever other buzzword they are using now.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.