New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AK EXTENDED SAFETY - Brownells

Anyone have any experience with this lil thing? I am not gonna pay that much for it I'm sure there is a place to get it for cheaper just want your thoughts on it, the bolt hold open notch it cool but it also basically messes up the ability for the safety to be a dust cover.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I have one on my Arsenal and its nice to be able to hold the bolt open. Every where I looked there around $65.00.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I don't have one currently on any of my guns, but I have had the chance to use the Kreb's Custom version at some point and I'd say from my admittedly limited experience that it is a quality part that does it's job.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
the regular lever with loosened up and with a little bent and/or a piece of skateboard tape does the same or even better.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
the regular lever with loosened up and with a little bent and/or a piece of skateboard tape does the same or even better.
You don't get the bolt hold open option this way. Its nice when your at the range to have the action open when you rack the rifle.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
As far as I can tell, the BHO is little more than a notch in the top. Easily done to a factory lever by anyone with a Dremel and a shred of talent with it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have handled a student's AK with a Krebs safety installed at an MDTS class.

I think the lower shelf which allows you to take the safety off while maintaining your firing grip is the real hero in this story. If I were an AK guy, my gun would have one of these installed.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I have handled a student's AK with a Krebs safety installed at an MDTS class.

I think the lower shelf which allows you to take the safety off while maintaining your firing grip is the real hero in this story. If I were an AK guy, my gun would have one of these installed.
Yep, same here. The BHO doesn't matter much to me, and would be easy to do at home as Noodles said. I just liked the safety lever improvement.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I may get one if I come across an extra 45 bucks I have to burn, at the same time I could cut the BHO notch out with my dremel and bring the little nugget of steel left over to work and have to tooling guy rivet it onto the safety lever like the Krebs thingy :p

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That he is, but it doesn't have the extra nub for working the safety with your trigger finger, which is the main reason I want this, not so much the BHO notch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts