New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a letter from my school telling me my kids are going to be taught about AIDS next year with a STRONG emphasis on prevention. Anyone get one of these letters. When was the law amended to make this mandatory?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
...where is the outrage?

·
Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it.
3,501 Posts
God forbid a child learns about a deadly disease.
But in elementary school?? If the emphasis is on prevention, that would mean we're talking about condoms and IV needle use. Not appropriate for elementary school kids, IMHO.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
How is this related to firearms Laws or Politics? Moving to OT.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
But in elementary school?? If the emphasis is on prevention, that would mean we're talking about condoms and IV needle use. Not appropriate for elementary school kids, IMHO.
I've never really understood the "Just don't talk to them about it, wait until they get older" argument. You can get AIDS without having sex. What if you see a bloody tissue on the ground. Do the nice gesture and throw it in the garbage? Some elementary school kids used to become "blood brothers", and cut themselves a small bit on the hand and shake hands to give each other their blood. Terrible idea.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have a problem teaching about diseases. The issue here is really about who is going to teach my kids about sex and when (that's my job). Do they really need to know about sexual intercourse in K - 6th grade? Do they really need to know how to use a condom at that age? I don't think so. I got a response from the school and my kids can opt out - which is what I'm going to do. Just wanted to post this information for anyone interested.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I don't have a problem teaching about diseases. The issue here is really about who is going to teach my kids about sex and when (that's my job). Do they really need to know about sexual intercourse in K - 6th grade? Do they really need to know how to use a condom at that age? I don't think so. I got a response from the school and my kids can opt out - which is what I'm going to do. Just wanted to post this information for anyone interested.
My wife is a teacher. Trust me when I tell you that your kids are going to learn about sex long before you tell them. By the time most parents consider their children old enough to learn about sex, 1/2 of them have already had sex. Do you know that 5th graders are having blowjob parties? My wife had a kid who tried to kill herself in 4th grade. 4th, 5th, and on up they are using drugs. THESE ARE NYS SCHOOLS. They are not inner city schools, they are small town to suburb schools that you would think this wouldn't happen in, but it does. Parents wait too long to teach their kids, and these are the results. If you think it's too early, you are really behind the times, because it's too late.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts