New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive received my first pistol permit on 10/8/21. due to some unforeseen medical issues i could not get the gun to a nj ffl to transfer to nyc until 10/28/21. i figure still plenty of time for the 11/6/21 expiration. the gun sat in jersey city facility for almost a week. so i figured by 11/5/21 it wont get to the ny ffl in time. i tried to get a hold of 1pp as i understand you can get a 10 day extension which would be plenty of time. well, either im doing something wrong or im being ignored. im assuming the extension begins on the day the permit expired. so even if i get the extension on 11/15 it would only be good until 11/16/21. i almost resigning myself to have to start over and get a brand new purchase permit. unfortunately i was not explained on how to go about doing this. anyone in the know can give me a heads up on what i need to do to obtain a second permit. im assuming there is no 90 day waiting period in my case since i never used to first one.

thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
that sucks......I don't know the procedure as I am waiting on my first permit, but fortunately my retailer was happy to hold it till it comes through. Could you tell me what the lead up procedure was like? Did you have to go to 1PP 3 times (fingerprints, interview and finally inspection when you get it?) and is there a parking garage for all these trips?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
that sucks......I don't know the procedure as I am waiting on my first permit, but fortunately my retailer was happy to hold it till it comes through. Could you tell me what the lead up procedure was like? Did you have to go to 1PP 3 times (fingerprints, interview and finally inspection when you get it?) and is there a parking garage for all these trips?

so far, ive been to 1pp 2x for fingerprinting and then to received the gun license and purchase permit. you will have to submit your paper work and will receive an appointment for firearm inspection. so yes, you will have to go at least 3x. also, something that isnt too clear to me, i believe but dont take my word for this one....you will have to go to 1pp for every addition purchase permit. the problem for me is i dont know how to go about getting the next permit. they give you an application form when you get your license but dont tell you how to get it to them. mail? email?

as far as parking, im sure you will be able to find parking but ive always gone by train. it simply isnt worth driving for me to 1pp. the entire complex has been semi isolated from street traffic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That totally sucks; such nonsense to do this to law abiding citizens. My understanding is that you must wait 3 months between purchases. Perhaps your local retailer )FFL) can assist you with the info? Perhaps you purchase and they submit for the purchase order? Also searching through the posts I found reference to people having to pay for a copy of their driving record and provide it? The guy who posted said he thought be denied because of 30 year old ticket? With all the info asked for upfront (and since NYPD can search your driving record) why is this necessary, how do you get this info, and why shouldn't they ask for this during the application process? I can't wait to move down south in the future and be out fro under this kind of crap. We have had multiple armed felonies in my neighborhood in the last few months, why do they do this stuff to honest people while the criminals run wild?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That totally sucks; such nonsense to do this to law abiding citizens. My understanding is that you must wait 3 months between purchases. Perhaps your local retailer )FFL) can assist you with the info? Perhaps you purchase and they submit for the purchase order? Also searching through the posts I found reference to people having to pay for a copy of their driving record and provide it? The guy who posted said he thought be denied because of 30 year old ticket? With all the info asked for upfront (and since NYPD can search your driving record) why is this necessary, how do you get this info, and why shouldn't they ask for this during the application process? I can't wait to move down south in the future and be out fro under this kind of crap. We have had multiple armed felonies in my neighborhood in the last few months, why do they do this stuff to honest people while the criminals run wild?
when you send in your paperwork to 1pp for your license, it is true one of the documents that they want is something called the lifetime driving abstract. you can get it from the dmv website and yes,,,its $7. there is a 90 waiting period for new permits and that start day is not when you purchase your gun but when that gun is inspected and approved by 1pp. since they are the ones to schedule that appointment, im guessing that wait period is far longer than 90 from previous purchase.

99% of the guns i want to register in nyc i already own. i was a former nj resident. unfortunately there is a specific procedure to regging them and it involved 2 ffl holders one from each state. you just cant bring them in the nyc and reg them. as it stand, even though these gun are legally mine and regged in nj, they got to stay in nj and go through all this in order to be legal in nyc

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, after looking more closely at the care package that was given to me when i got my license and purchase permit, i think i get what i need to do to get new permit. it seem you have to snail mail to 1pp the purchase authorization form. also you need to allow up to 6 week processing time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is ridiculous all the hoops you have to jump through just to get a pistol added to you permit. If is any way possible, might want to consider moving either to Westchester, Nassau or Suffolk counties. You'd be very close to the City if you work there and dont have to go through all of that BS. Plus I believe you could just transfer your permit to either county and not have to wait. Gun owners are not welcome in the City!

Suffolk County has no limit on how many guns you could buy a month. Just gotta pay $5 per gun to be added to your permit. They do it all while you wait. I believe its the same process in Nassau as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
when you send in your paperwork to 1pp for your license, it is true one of the documents that they want is something called the lifetime driving abstract. you can get it from the dmv website and yes,,,its $7. there is a 90 waiting period for new permits and that start day is not when you purchase your gun but when that gun is inspected and approved by 1pp. since they are the ones to schedule that appointment, im guessing that wait period is far longer than 90 from previous purchase.

99% of the guns i want to register in nyc i already own. i was a former nj resident. unfortunately there is a specific procedure to regging them and it involved 2 ffl holders one from each state. you just cant bring them in the nyc and reg them. as it stand, even though these gun are legally mine and regged in nj, they got to stay in nj and go through all this in order to be legal in nyc
This driving record is not listed on the city website as part of what is needed during the application process.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This driving record is not listed on the city website as part of what is needed during the application process.
this lifetime driving driving abstract and other signed and/or notarized documents are required for your in house interview at 1pp. if you already sent in your applications...that will be your next step. you will get an email asking for these items.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is ridiculous all the hoops you have to jump through just to get a pistol added to you permit. If is any way possible, might want to consider moving either to Westchester, Nassau or Suffolk counties. You'd be very close to the City if you work there and dont have to go through all of that BS. Plus I believe you could just transfer your permit to either county and not have to wait. Gun owners are not welcome in the City!

Suffolk County has no limit on how many guns you could buy a month. Just gotta pay $5 per gun to be added to your permit. They do it all while you wait. I believe its the same process in Nassau as well.
im gonna go 1 step better and eventually get out of ny altogether. wife and i already looking for a place in port st lucie fl.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts