New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandfather gave me this. Its a model 94 winchester 30-30, made in 1954 as best i can tell. Put about 20 rounds through it so far. Absolutely love this gun. Its a keeper to pass on to my son one day. The bluing is all 100% perfect. The wood looks great, but it seems to have been mis-colored on the forearm from the metal where its held on.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

·
Registered
522 Posts
oooo sexy. a great hand-me down.... def. keep it in the family.

·
Registered
905 Posts
shoot it and enjoy it as not a NIB gun. just clean it and oil it up after shooting. it looks like the stocks may have been refinished at some point, if so the collector value is down a bit. these pre 64 guns were well made and will provide generations years of shooting fun. parts shouldn't be a problem to find as millions of them were made. work the lever on your gun then work a post 64 lever and you'll see the difference in quality. a great gun to pass down thru the family.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not sure if the stocks have been redone or not. Its very possible though, the pictures from my phone kinda make them appear to be colored weird. There is some miscoloring (maybe from oil?) on the forearm where that little strap is in the front... Either way, its a family gun and always will be.

I do plan to continue shooting it. I put 20 rounds through it last weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts