New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To her death...first a homeless man pushes a woman in front of a train around the corner and now this. Sad times we live in, unfortunately I think there will be a lot more suicides as stress becomes overwhelming due to the economy and the state of our country.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Yeah, you're right about that IMO. I'm not a huge student of history, but wonder (and will now probably go research this weekend) what kind of impact the Great Depression had on the suicide rate. Would be an interesting chart to compare to current times if there is one.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
there is a very high level of financial stress on many people
most do not realize the cause is not themselves, but Inflation caused by the endless printing of money
I know 6 families foreclosed on, and 2 people living in campers
it will only get worse

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Almost daily I debate QE with one of my financial friends and the havoc it will eventually cause our economy. He's content to ride the wave as long as he can which is great so long as you can predict when you're going to hit the beach. Keep the masses entertained.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
most do not realize the cause is not themselves, but Inflation caused by the endless printing of money
it will only get worse
And the sheeple just keep on grazing...

·
Registered
774 Posts
I remember reading a article back a couple years ago when the economy took a crap that during the great depression lots of banks and stock brokers commented suicide, we we all now this time around they did not do that, they took their golden parachutes and smiled while the average persons retirement crashed.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
it will only get worse
You're right, and most also don't realize that there are ways out when financial situations become dire - foreclosure and living in a camper can be avoided. It's unfortunate that people choose to go the suicide route. The middle class continues to erode in this country, the wealth gap is only worsening. The plutocracy needs to come to an end, what's left of the middle class need to become more politically active and take on roles representing those who actually work for a living...

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Guns and ammo will always keep their value over the long haul... the worse things get, the more the govt will want them gone, and the more they will be worth.

I also try to stockpile alcohol, but i keep drinking it... :)

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
You're right, and most also don't realize that there are ways out when financial situations become dire - foreclosure and living in a camper can be avoided. It's unfortunate that people choose to go the suicide route. The middle class continues to erode in this country, the wealth gap is only worsening. The plutocracy needs to come to an end, what's left of the middle class need to become more politically active and take on roles representing those who actually work for a living...
I am heavily involved in foreclosure defense...

Bankruptcy, and fraudulent inducement are both good defenses

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Sad to hear about how someone could feel so desperate that they choose to end their life. Though nothing good will ever come of it, I'm glad she decided to hurt only herself and not take others with her... Truly sad...

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Only 5 floors, was honestly amazed it was high enough. From what I heard there was substantial blood loss from her legs so she might not have had the distance to even rotate. I imagine it was not a quick/painless death unfortunately but she was pronounced dead by the paramedics upon their arrival.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts