New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was browsing Armslist (keep reading it isn't another tattle-tail posting) and I saw a CETME for a decent price, I am looking to get my hands on one and this one looked compliant, it came with a 10 round, a 20 round and a 30 round magazine, now if I wanted to purchase the rifle and he sent it and I find out the magazines aren't preban, what do I do with them? I don't want a felony laying around but I would want the rifle. It would be a waste to turn them in and have them destroyed, can I ship them to a friend out of state?

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just wanted to make sure, i didnt kno if there was some repercussions sending magazines not allowed here over state lines in the mail, I have a friend i can send them to, to sell them for me or something providing they arent preban.

· Registered
914 Posts
this happened to me. got a lot of pre ban ar mags from a guy out of state. when i opened the box there were 3 post mags thrown in there. i right away took them apart and gave them away to someone that could legally own them. they were in my possession for a few days without problem

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this happened to me. got a lot of pre ban ar mags from a guy out of state. when i opened the box there were 3 post mags thrown in there. i right away took them apart and gave them away to someone that could legally own them. they were in my possession for a few days without problem
Sweet, good to hear a personal experience, does taking them apart make them technically "legal" for the few days you had them?

· Registered
2,534 Posts
The body of the mag is the issue not the guts or floorplate.
Think of mag body like a stripped AR lower receiver 'it' is the part that people check and will prosecute for, everything else is just parts.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The body of the mag is the issue not the guts or floorplate.
Think of mag body like a stripped AR lower receiver 'it' is the part that people check and will prosecute for, everything else is just parts.
So just hide the bodies in the floor boards then lol, until I send them out of New Yorkistan.

· Registered
2,534 Posts
I cut them in half and make lower receiver vice mounts out of the top and crush the bottom half
Well that or give them to one of the thousands of GIs around here.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I cut them in half and make lower receiver vice mounts out of the top and crush the bottom half
Well that or give them to one of the thousands of GIs around here.
I'd just send them to a friend out of state to sell for me and we can split the profit, or if its something that fits one of his firearms he'll buy them from me.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
Nobody will look.

Besides, CETME and G3 mags are almost all preban. I've actually never seen a postban true 'cetme' mag. A small handful of G3's.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nobody will look.

Besides, CETME and G3 mags are almost all preban. I've actually never seen a postban true 'cetme' mag. A small handful of G3's.
Oh I'm not too worried about anyone looking but I'm not gonna push my luck, I was just curious because I think the CETME is going to be my next big purchase and I just wanted to make sure I could have all my options open to find a good price (like armslist) without having to worry about pre/post ban magazines.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
Just buy G3 mags... Old Grouch has them 3 for $10 or something like that. Minor magwell mod and you're good to go.

And like I said, I've not seen an actual CETME mag postban yet. A couple of G3's but most of them are NOS from like '63.

On that note, considering selling my CETME :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.