New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,668 Posts
I hate...I hate...I hate...the fact that certain states make it so hard for a person to be prepared for that unlikely chance they should need to defend themselves or their family against loss of life. I hate having to walk through downtown after work, in the dark, to my truck and hoping some punk doesn't jump out with a pocket pistol ready to kill me for some change in my pocket. I hate that I can't be prepared for that one day (which I hope never comes) where I'd have to defend my own life or that of my loved ones.

And lastly, I hate reading stories like this. Some poor guy does his best to navigate within some ridiculous laws and gets 7 years in prison for his troubles. Way to go, N.J.; real classy.

· Registered
3,225 Posts
An egregious violation of a fundamental right, enshrined in the US Constitution!

How sad to think that New Jersey is the site of two of the most pivotal battles in the War for Independence, at Trenton and Princeton. There, against all odds, a small band of brave men risked everything they had and achieved the unthinkable. How far we've fallen when a Tory like judge morley spits on the freedom such men sacrificed and died for.

I pray Governor Christie issues a reprieve and rights this terrible wrong.

· Registered
3,369 Posts
And lastly, I hate reading stories like this. Some poor guy does his best to navigate within some ridiculous laws and gets 7 years in prison for his troubles. Way to go, N.J.; real classy.
The real classy move was the Mother who dropped a dime on her son because he was "despondent". Thanks Mom, I'll be sure and think of you when I'm trying to avoid being raped in the shower.....

This case cried out for jury nullification. The Jurors did want to convict him but they thought they didn't have any other choice. They had a choice -- nobody can compel you to vote for conviction when you serve on a Jury.

BTW, we had a bit of a discussion about this a few days ago when the news feed came around. Linking to it here in case anybody wants to re-read what was already said.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.