New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The upstate guys on here like to try and blame all of our problems on the city. It's true...there are MANY down here that sponge off of the system. Put I want the country guys to take a look at this....

http://frac.org/pdf/ny_times_snap_poverty_formatted.pdf

If you look at the numbers for NY, in the year outlined there were a little more than 2.4 million recipients in NYS. I added up the recipients outside of the city (5 boroughs, all of LI and Westchester). You can do the math for yourselves but 1/3 of recipients were from upstate (800,000 people). How many of these people are gun owners? How many claim to be a Republicans but vote Democrat so they can stay on the gravy train????

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Contrary to popular belief.. the regions outside of NYC aren't 100% Republican, Conservative or Libertarian combined. Believe me.. there are PLENTY of people in Buffalo, Syracuse, Rochester, Albany and other smaller cities, combined, that would make up a good portion of that 800k.

I don't have the time to look up the numbers.. have to go to a picnic.

·
Registered
740 Posts
The nyc/downstate libs that rule this state have created one of the most unfriendly business climates in the country. If it wasn't for that, there would be more business activity, more jobs, and therefore less poverty upstate. Let's be real here. Downstate could not care less about upstate, except as a place for prisons, colleges, and water reservoirs.

It's true that there are people up here who would sponge off productive people even if jobs were available. It's also true that horrible business climate created by nyc libs is the primary cause for economic depression and poverty here. Look at what's happening in Illion as a result of a law jammed down our throats by downstate leftists.

Downstate/nyc ARE the root of nearly all of the problems faced by this state, and why so many people would like to flee.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
NYC IS the center of corruption, Upstate does have it's problems. 40 years ago Rochester was THE PLACE TO BE. We had more millionaires per 1000 people than anywhere in the country because of Kodak, Xerox and B&L. Now Rochester is ranked in the bottom 20 of 362 cities in Economic out look, Poverty and graduation rates. And there is no relief in site from Crumhole.

If crumhole gets re-elected, this state WILL BE the joke of the country. better change the name from The Empire State, to the Destitute State.

Crumhole is claiming he has created 400,000 jobs in the last three years and he is correct, he has created 400,000 jobs, because that the same number of people who have LEFT THE STATE, so we have 400K opening to fill......good one andyboy, YOU SUCK

·
Registered
740 Posts
Contrary to popular belief.. the regions outside of NYC aren't 100% Republican, Conservative or Libertarian combined. Believe me.. there are PLENTY of people in Buffalo, Syracuse, Rochester, Albany and other smaller cities, combined, that would make up a good portion of that 800k.

I don't have the time to look up the numbers.. have to go to a picnic.
You're totally correct.
FNYC. It has ruined the entire state.

·
Registered
740 Posts
NYC IS the center of corruption, Upstate does have it's problems. 40 years ago Rochester was THE PLACE TO BE. We had more millionaires per 1000 people than anywhere in the country because of Kodak, Xerox and B&L. Now Rochester is ranked in the bottom 20 of 362 cities in Economic out look, Poverty and graduation rates. And there is no relief in site from Crumhole.

If crumhole gets re-elected, this state WILL BE the joke of the country. better change the name from The Empire State, to the Destitute State.

Crumhole is claiming he has created 400,000 jobs in the last three years and he is correct, he has created 400,000 jobs, because that the same number of people who have LEFT THE STATE, so we have 400K opening to fill......good one andyboy, YOU SUCK
We already are the joke of the country.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
If NYC & surrounding areas has 2/3 of the gravy train recipients but contain 1/2 of the state population what does that tell you?

FUNYC

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Of the 800,000, how many migrated out of the city to collect welfare in a rural county that just can't say no?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
All our upstate cities are filled with NYC drug dealing scumbags on welfare. I'm surprised there is only 800,000 NYC imigrants. Regrettably it's legal to immigrate to upstate from the city.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
All our upstate cities are filled with NYC drug dealing scumbags on welfare. I'm surprised there is only 800,000 NYC imigrants. Regrettably it's legal to immigrate to upstate from the city.
why the hell do you think all the prisons are located upstate? The so called "Department of Corrections" should be called the "Department of In-State Relocation".

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
The upstate guys on here like to try and blame all of our problems on the city. It's true...there are MANY down here that sponge off of the system. Put I want the country guys to take a look at this....

http://frac.org/pdf/ny_times_snap_poverty_formatted.pdf

If you look at the numbers for NY, in the year outlined there were a little more than 2.4 million recipients in NYS. I added up the recipients outside of the city (5 boroughs, all of LI and Westchester). You can do the math for yourselves but 1/3 of recipients were from upstate (800,000 people). How many of these people are gun owners? How many claim to be a Republicans but vote Democrat so they can stay on the gravy train????
Excuse me but the furher did not carry erie county in 2010...and mostly democrats who live,vote and dispise him there

·
Registered
228 Posts
Of the 800,000, how many migrated out of the city to collect welfare in a rural county that just can't say no?
Absolutely correct. In Central NY was have been flooded with NYC rejects that come here for the handouts and lower cost of living. Small cities like Oswego and Fulton have been practically taken over by the non working imports

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Absolutely correct. In Central NY was have been flooded with NYC rejects that come here for the handouts and lower cost of living. Small cities like Oswego and Fulton have been practically taken over by the non working imports
Way back when Juanita Crab was the mayor of Binghamton they needed to keep the population over 50'000 residents to keep collecting Federal Welfare. Way back then they were inporting the welfare and riff-raft from NYC to keep the numbers up. She was suck a loser her husband was running around packing Greg Catlins butt and tubing gerbils.
My kids stll live in the Binghamton area ans when I go back there to visit them you see more & more of the NYCScum, That all started back in the 80s. It's really bad no a days.

Here in Washington State Seattle & Tacoma are relocating their POS welfare recipients out of the high end places and sending them to the smaller cities that have nomoney & no way of fighting City Hall. The real estate taxes sky rocket and the school taxes sky rocket to suport theese free loaders. This problem is everywhere.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Way back when Juanita Crab was the mayor of Binghamton they needed to keep the population over 50'000 residents to keep collecting Federal Welfare.
Gotta love the "Community Block Grants" and all the good they've brought to the area, you're 100% correct in what a disaster she was for the long-term hopes of the Binghamton area. She welcomed "the element" into our area and the rest is history. We exchanged Taxpayers for Tax-Eaters, and wonder why the well has long past run dry.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Bill, did they migrate out for the welfare or were they incarcerated and got out on parole and stayed near the prison? Keep in mind all their thug relatives follow them up when they are put in prison too. They find that rural communities are easy pickens as well.

Then our dirtbag governor tries to take our guns away. FUAC!!!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Also, I don't believe anyone here is placing blame on those of us who live behind enemy lines in NYC.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Not only prisons. Thankfully they shut it down but NYC used to run a 'camp' in orange county (believe it was previously a mental asylum) where they literally took the homeless from NYC, bussed them up, let them stay there a few weeks then kicked them out the door. One way trip. Thanks a lot!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts