New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Winchester 94AE in 30-30 from Gunner back at Otisco's Trader's Day.
The gun was absolutely mint, with not a mark on it, and it looked unfired.
So I swapped the Simmons 4X with a Burris 2-7x35 and got a nice Winchester sling for it.
Then I ordered a stock cover from Gunstock Cover took about a month, but it is awesome.
Well in this ammo-crisis world we live in, all I could find locally was some Remington Core-lok 150gr.ammo.
So, I finally made it to the range today for a sight in. Shot pretty darn good, 5 rds inside 2" at 100yds.
Yup I'm happy and can't wait to take her in the woods for one of them brown antlered critters this year...

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I picked up a 1951 marlin 336 from him that same day. I was able to find some 170 gr. Winchester ammo. It shoots great. I really like lever guns. The one I picked up has some character to it. Seen some time in the woods!

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Ahhh, the good ole days of friends transferring firearms to one another without government interference!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Ahhh, the good ole days of friends transferring firearms to one another without government interference!
"What happens at deer camp stays at deer camp" has been the rule for as long as I can remember, way before vegas borrowed it.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Picked up a Winchester 94AE in 30-30 from Gunner back at Otisco's Trader's Day.
The gun was absolutely mint, with not a mark on it, and it looked unfired.
So I swapped the Simmons 4X with a Burris 2-7x35 and got a nice Winchester sling for it.
Then I ordered a stock cover from Gunstock Cover took about a month, but it is awesome.
Well in this ammo-crisis world we live in, all I could find locally was some Remington Core-lok 150gr.ammo.
So, I finally made it to the range today for a sight in. Shot pretty darn good, 5 rds inside 2" at 100yds.
Yup I'm happy and can't wait to take her in the woods for one of them brown antlered critters this year...

Very nice looking gun and I guess the cover comes off easily if it gets wet?

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
"What happens at deer camp stays at deer camp" has been the rule for as long as I can remember, way before vegas borrowed it.
Seeing how transfers to friends were not illegal then I don't even want to know what that means! :unhappy:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I have one but no cover, no scope........well you get the idea, just the gun. I have shot a lot of critters with that gun with my reloads no less.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Any idea what year it is?

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
This is the old 1951 workhorse I got that same day. Missing most of the blueing but it has character! haha This will be the ATV knock around rifle. I am considering putting an optic on it to see how accurate it is. It was ringing a metal swinger at 100 yards so it should be plenty accurate for deer.

Brown Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
369 Posts
This is the old 1951 workhorse I got that same day. Missing most of the blueing but it has character! haha This will be the ATV knock around rifle. I am considering putting an optic on it to see how accurate it is. It was ringing a metal swinger at 100 yards so it should be plenty accurate for deer.

View attachment 19820
Love those old Marlins..Great rifles

·
Registered
588 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I was looking at the Poll. Very nice set up , but that flat black burris just looks out of place. (just my opinion) It needs a period scope with a gloss blue finish to match those rings

·
Registered
905 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I was looking at the Poll. Very nice set up , but that flat black burris just looks out of place. (just my opinion) It needs a period scope with a gloss blue finish to match those rings
deer are not big critics ........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts