New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
.2 gauge? o_O That thing must be MASSIVE!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
That's point 2, not 2.
Looking at something around the size of a 22 I imagine.

The times has never been noted for accuracy, integrity, or intelligence for that matter.
They just happened to have the biggest presses in the region so could more or less flood the market.

Didn't improve quality, just quantity.
Why do you think so many people in Watertown and region pay more to get a Syracuse daily paper when the times is right there in thier lap?
(well, net is kind of killing it in general, but prior to that there were literally thousands going out every night to folks who couldn't stand the drivel of the local rag)

Another firearms related derb blurb was from the sports section last summer descrbing how the local skeet and trap teams were rockin' it with rifles..

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
That's point 2, not 2.
Looking at something around the size of a 22 I imagine.

The times has never been noted for accuracy, integrity, or intelligence for that matter.
They just happened to have the biggest presses in the region so could more or less flood the market.

Didn't improve quality, just quantity.
Why do you think so many people in Watertown and region pay more to get a Syracuse daily paper when the times is right there in thier lap?
(well, net is kind of killing it in general, but prior to that there were literally thousands going out every night to folks who couldn't stand the drivel of the local rag)

Another firearms related derb blurb was from the sports section last summer descrbing how the local skeet and trap teams were rockin' it with rifles..
I know. .2. Meaning, as gauge numbers get SMALLER, the rounds get LARGER. A 10 gauge is larger than a 12 which is larger than a 16 etd. With that in mind, .2 must be massive! :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Reporters always screw stuff up like this.... They should be able to assign a reporter to a shooting story who has some knowledge of firearms....

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I know. .2. Meaning, as gauge numbers get SMALLER, the rounds get LARGER. A 10 gauge is larger than a 12 which is larger than a 16 etd. With that in mind, .2 must be massive! :)
As opposed to, say, a .410?

·
Registered
687 Posts
a .2 guage would be an 8 pound lead ball....lol.

G

·
Gauge = # of spheres of lead the diameter of the bore to make one pound

A 0.2 gauge would be a caliber which a lead ball the size of the bore weighs 5-pounds.

A 5-pound lead ball would have a volume of 12.18 cubic inches.

The bore diameter would be 2.9-inches (73 mm)

The WWII M1 Bazooka had a 2.36-inch bore:

·
Registered
687 Posts
My math sucks....mkussack was right.... woulnd't want to get hit by either...lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts