New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this may be a dumb question so dont crucify me, can any NYC rifle permit holder tell me how the 90 day rule works? I purchased my first two rifles upstate ny so i needed to send in the green P.A form and have it returned to me in order to consider my rifles "registered" but i recently went to gun shop in the city and put a deposit on a mini 30 when i tried to give him the NYPD green form to fill out he said "if you buy a rifle in nyc you do not need to fill out the forms, thats only if you buy out of state". How does nypd keep tabs on 90 day rule if you dont need to submit paperwork if you buy in the city? Will i be able to leave with the rifle after i fully pay it off being im on day 71 of my 90 day period? Will i be able to buy two rifles at once in the future if i buy in nyc?

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I had the same issue when I lived in queens...you can only register 1 gun at a time on or after the 90th day of the previous purchase..also beware of the FFLs in NYC..most I've dealt with overcharge for everything from transfers to ammo to firearms

·
Registered
5 Posts
In NYC, in addition to filling out the normal NICS forms, the FFL will also complete the NYPD registration form. He should give you a copy, and mail the other copies in for you. Unless you have pre-approval and extenuating circumstances, such as an inheritance, they will not allow you to register more than 1 gun every 90 days, whether on your own or via an NYC FFL. The FFL is supposed to ask you, and if you say yes, not complete the sale. If they do, they could have issues too. If you try to register too soon, the license division will mail back your paperwork, reject the registration, and tell you to remove the firearm from city limits or they will come get it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts