Registered
3,751 Posts
So I've been preparing for nothing. You are a buzz kill!:eek:

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
I am going to continue to Prep.

Good article, great little read.

One issue that I have with the entire writing; these are NOT facts, they are educated guesses only. There have been no known Zombies as of yet, until they do come, we can only guess!

Again, I will continue to prepare for the day they come. Oh yeah, they ARE coming!

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Again, I will continue to prepare for the day they come. Oh yeah, they ARE coming!
Unwavering preparedness...I'm impressed.

BTW, I think that it would indeed take hordes of animated inanimate dead, rotting, corpses in order to convince FUAC-supporting gun-bashing anti-2A New York Liberals to finally decide that maybe...just maybe...personal firearms could be useful.

·
Registered
897 Posts
When the Zombies start migrating from the cities to the urban areas you'll know the invasion has begun! The gov. is feeding the real zombie hoards, and we ALL have seen the damage they can cause in the NEWS over the last few years. Some are quick, some are slow, but they will all be deadly. Because of the need to feed, every home will be a target.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
The whole zombie Apocalypse is a metaphor: Imagine that you own and operate a store in oh I don't know, let say Ferguson Missouri. Suddenly and without warning a bund of zombies are at the door and start breaking your windows, They come in and steal everything off of your shelf and then start a fire that burns down the store.
Your lively hood is now in ashes and your mortgage payment is due. Now imagine that the grid is down in the eastern half of the USA.
The power has been out for 24 hours, you hear on the battery powered radio that something unknown has caused it. No ETA on when it will be back up.
Just stay in your home and wait.
Again it is a metaphor for a mob of people that will begin to appear wanting what you may or may not have. You will either be a zombie or on the defense from zombies.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Pure anti-zombie propaganda.

They aren't even using the right Zombie method. Nobody nowadays believe it will be the "die and come back" zombies. That's science fiction. We have moved on the the much more sophisticated Resident Evil method. Infection due to an open wound exposed to a virus. The T virus in the Resident Evil case. That flesh isn't dead. No, very much alive. And the mutations of the T virus actually cause the flesh to THRIVE in certain organisms.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
The whole zombie Apocalypse is a metaphor: Imagine that you own and operate a store in oh I don't know, let say Ferguson Missouri. Suddenly and without warning a bund of zombies are at the door and start breaking your windows, They come in and steal everything off of your shelf and then start a fire that burns down the store.
Your lively hood is now in ashes and your mortgage payment is due. Now imagine that the grid is down in the eastern half of the USA.
The power has been out for 24 hours, you hear on the battery powered radio that something unknown has caused it. No ETA on when it will be back up.
Just stay in your home and wait.
Again it is a metaphor for a mob of people that will begin to appear wanting what you may or may not have. You will either be a zombie or on the defense from zombies.
If you've read World War Z there is the "Battle of Yonkers" where the hords of zombies come up the Taconic Parkway from the NYC and the US military makes a stand to hold them off. It's going to be just like that but with liberals and welfare recipients instead of zombies, scary!

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
And for those who think otherwise, real zombies will be fast. Not those slow, ambling things of George Romero's imagination.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Nat geo did an amusing piece on zombies. If the rabies virus developed the ability to become airborne, were in big trouble. The way the virus attacks the brain you will get early violent stages with stuff oozing out of you to half dead crawling end stage.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Pure anti-zombie propaganda.

They aren't even using the right Zombie method. Nobody nowadays believe it will be the "die and come back" zombies. That's science fiction. We have moved on the the much more sophisticated Resident Evil method. Infection due to an open wound exposed to a virus. The T virus in the Resident Evil case. That flesh isn't dead. No, very much alive. And the mutations of the T virus actually cause the flesh to THRIVE in certain organisms.
Thank you Darth, I am glad there is at least one other that understands! I have been saying this for a very long time.

And yes, I am serious!

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Thank you Darth, I am glad there is at least one other that understands! I have been saying this for a very long time.

And yes, I am serious!
You should be. Big Pharm produces some nasty stuff. Watch the commercials, listen to the disclaimers they read in such a pleasant voice. FDA is a joke.

·
Registered
518 Posts
If you've read World War Z there is the "Battle of Yonkers" where the hords of zombies come up the Taconic Parkway from the NYC and the US military makes a stand to hold them off. It's going to be just like that but with liberals and welfare recipients instead of zombies, scary!
Just blow the TSP bridge just south of Yorktown.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
As I recall, the military got Shock-&-Awed back when the horde was not all that impressed with the fancy weaponry. Remember: Don't bring a knife to a gunfight. And...don't bring HEAT rounds to a massive battle against animated meat bags....bring your thermobaric loadout.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
And just to add, I carry Hornaday Zombie hollow points in ALL of my guns.

Never be to careful.
Yup...its that super-killer green tip that'll do it every time.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.