New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Yeah why not? A stock saiga lacks any "military features". I haven't found any on mine at-least. I was under the impression that a assault weapon was not defined by functionality, only apperance. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
As far as I understand thats the way it is. My mini with pistol grip = assault weapon/evil black rifle, my mini without pistol grip = sporting rifle/ok for now evil.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
It's legal, but good luck finding one not a rip-off price on gunbroker. The comany that imports them has NO idea when they will get more... i've been begging them to give NY preference for the NY legal models, but no response... :(

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
What's a fair price for that gun? I like it and would like to get something that I can legally own while I am mired in NYS. Kinda new to this type of gun any help would be appreciated.
A few months ago I would have said $500 absolute maximum reasonable (on the high side) price.

Now.. I seriously just don't know anymore what a good price on anything is.

·
Registered
278 Posts
A few months ago I would have said $500 absolute maximum reasonable (on the high side) price.

Now.. I seriously just don't know anymore what a good price on anything is.
I still say 500 is high for that gun. Sure people are panicking so they will pay top dollar right now to have a rifle. But thats one gun i wouldn't pay a dime over 500 for.

Both my buddies have them and they are just OK rifles. After a few shots the barrel gets warm and they group like poo at 100 yards.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You should get real legal advice. The State Police Hotline says its not legal and there is nothing you can do to make a named weapon legal in this state. The Safe Act is as clear as mud but, if your going to try and buy an AK variant, you should go into it with your eyes open.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'd just suggest an sks, mini 14, or mini 30.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
You should get real legal advice. The State Police Hotline says its not legal and there is nothing you can do to make a named weapon legal in this state. The Safe Act is as clear as mud but, if your going to try and buy an AK variant, you should go into it with your eyes open.
The state police hotline is worth what you pay for it .... NOTHING.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The state police hotline is worth what you pay for it .... NOTHING.
Until the guys who have the power to arrest you tell you they will not do so, you better heed the advice. I'm not delusional, there isn't a court in this state that won't enforce the Safe Act. If you get arrested you are going to jail.

The rest of you still want to hold out hope, I understand. Remember both sides of our state political machines conspired to take our rights away. Just which politician are you going to believe this time?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.