New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cleveland Police Suspends 63 Cops After Deadly Car Chase - Business Insider

"Officers' offenses include engaging in a chase without permission and providing false information on police reports, the Plain Dealer reports. The officers will be suspended temporarily, with no one officer being suspended for more than 10 days."

Oh no, not the dreaded 10 day suspension.

"Malissa Williams, 30, and Timothy Russell, 43, were each shot about two dozen times in a police chase that turned deadly. They were shot at 137 times while in their car, which was parked in a middle school parking lot after the chase.

Police called it a "full blown-out" firefight."

"Williams and Russell turned out to be unarmed."

How in the hell do you have a "full blown-out fire fight" with 2 people that are unarmed???????????

"Officers might have thought the suspects were armed based on wrong information broadcast over the police radio, the Plain Dealer reported."

The old "we thought the suspects were armed based on wrong information broadcast over the police radio" trick. Oops, sorry for the wrong info. Our bad.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Suspended with or without pay? False reports and shooting unarmed people gets an entire 10 days. Wow...

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Should all be charged with murder. The rest of us kill an unarmed person we get charged with murder. Don't care if it was bad intel or not. It's the same damn thing. What crime did these people commit that could possibly warrant death by firing squad without any due process?

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Until they are ALL charged with murder, then it is not justice. I fear police far more than I ever feared any Iraqi.

EDIT- I know that 95-99% of them are not the kind I have to worry about, it is the other ones that concern me.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Should all be charged with murder. The rest of us kill an unarmed person we get charged with murder. Don't care if it was bad intel or not. It's the same damn thing. What crime did these people commit that could possibly warrant death by firing squad without any due process?
The story does not look good for the cops, but I believe they should be held to the same standard we are. If I am going about my job and I reasonably believe that I am in immediate danger, I have the right to defend myself. If it later turns out that I was wrong about the threat, but my thoughts were "reasonable" than I am justified. The cops should get the same treatment - if they had a valid reason to believe they were in immediate danger, they can defend themselves as well.

Now, the issue of so many cops being involved and so many shots fired is a different one, and it sure looks like bad policies and decisions may be been the real cause of this tragedy.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Prediction: Business section of the Cleveland newspaper in mid-late January will write an article about the city's Dunkin Donut's franchisees reporting a sharp loss for 4Q13.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I don't think there were even 60 police cars in active pursuit of the Tsarnaev brothers. It's not like the CPD has nothing better to do, I've been there plenty of times. It's a hell hole.

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
Police officials have not yet reviewed the 13 officers who were involved in the shooting itself, but that's coming in the next and final stage of the investigation, officials told The Plain Dealer. More than 100 officers had some involvement in the chase.
So it looks like everybody suspended so far was just those involved in the chase. The shooters are getting their day next.

In June, one police supervisor was fired for his or her administrative role in the incident, and several others were demoted or disciplined
I wonder what they did to get fired?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.