New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Various manufactures, all .999 or greater pure.

$180 shipped.

Bars.jpg Bars back.jpg

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure why not. PM sent.

·
Registered
672 Posts
You got a good deal based on the current price. :)
I'm not sure I'm ready to buy metals at this time...I see about a 50/50 chance they break lower. I'll average down later if it goes lower. Maybe I'll buy them off you for $20 an oz. at that point ;).

·
Registered
913 Posts
You got a good deal based on the current price. :)
I'm not sure I'm ready to buy metals at this time...I see about a 50/50 chance they break lower. I'll average down later if it goes lower. Maybe I'll buy them off you for $20 an oz. at that point ;).
if it goes lower thats fine. ill save them for 10 years then see whats up. i will hopefully never be in a situation that i have to dump precious medals for cheaper then i bought em.

·
Registered
672 Posts
if it goes lower thats fine. ill save them for 10 years then see whats up. i will hopefully never be in a situation that i have to dump precious medals for cheaper then i bought em.
That's easy, keep buying more oz at lower prices. That's the way to play long term holdings. For best results look into using ETF's like SLV to create a hedge of sorts. OP is either out of the loop or being generous here because you're getting them at melt. You'd typically have to pay 10% or more in premium to scoop physical silver.

·
Registered
913 Posts
That's easy, keep buying more oz at lower prices. That's the way to play long term holdings. For best results look into using ETF's like SLV to create a hedge of sorts. OP is either out of the loop or being generous here because you're getting them at melt. You'd typically have to pay 10% or more in premium to scoop physical silver.
yea I'm pretty happy.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'm being generous. I could have gotten more for them and I know it. It's only 6 ounces that I had kicking around. My other silver is in 10oz or larger bars or rounds. These were the only 1oz bars I had rattling around! Most of them i have had for a long time and am making $ on them. The scottsdale's are new. i just wanted to buy a couple of 1oz bars to test that company out. The 1oz round is really nice actually! So nice that I had to buy it's big brother (the tube). I also like the hand poured bars they sell.

Scottsdale Silver & Gold LLC

I started buying silver when my 401K started tanking awhile ago.I am not buying anymore for awhile though. I think it's on the way down....

·
Registered
672 Posts
I'm being generous. I could have gotten more for them and I know it. It's only 6 ounces that I had kicking around. My other silver is in 10oz or larger bars or rounds. These were the only 1oz bars I had rattling around! Most of them i have had for a long time and am making $ on them. The scottsdale's are new. i just wanted to buy a couple of 1oz bars to test that company out. The 1oz round is really nice actually! So nice that I had to buy it's big brother (the tube). I also like the hand poured bars they sell.

Scottsdale Silver & Gold LLC

I started buying silver when my 401K started tanking awhile ago.I am not buying anymore for awhile though. I think it's on the way down....
Very nice of you to share the wealth like that...seriously. Most metal sellers are beyond greedy and if/when the hype dies out as I suspect it has/will good luck to them fetching 30-40% premiums for physical. ;)

If this $26ish support fails silver could fall quickly to about the $18 level.
On the upside I wouldn't be convinced till $30 and $35 are surpassed because there is potential supply at those levels.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Very nice of you to share the wealth like that...seriously. Most metal sellers are beyond greedy and if/when the hype dies out as I suspect it has/will good luck to them fetching 30-40% premiums for physical. ;)

If this $26ish support fails silver could fall quickly to about the $18 level.
On the upside I wouldn't be convinced till $30 and $35 are surpassed because there is potential supply at those levels.
I only shared the wealth so to speak because it was only 6 ounces! If it were 60 I might have been slightly more inline with common physical silver prices. I don't see 40% premiums for physical but if it occurs I will do very well! Much better than I have been doing on my 401k this year haha. was going to post on ebay also but I'm not really a fan of them even thought he scottsdales were going for around $34 an ounce. Don't even get me stared on craigs list! I see silver headed to the 18-20 range soon. I got in silver pretty early and did well on some silver stock shares. I dumped that and awhile ago and made a nice profit. I also started buying bars. It's more fun to have some physical inventory!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts