New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow will be 5 months since I turned in my completed paperwork ( Wayne Co ) for my permit. Was told 5 months by the very professional and polite lady at the clerks office when I submitted it, so needless to say that did not happen. None of my references have been contacted, no sheriff interview not a thing.
Have not heard many negative comments about Judge Kehoe, he is not up for re election this year and Wayne Co really not a county that is taking extremely long in issuing permits, so something higher up like the mental health report could very well be holding up the process. Having to purchase a gun prior to submitting a permit request still has me baffled about a mental health check AFTER the fact for approving a permit request or am i not understanding the request chain of events?
It is frustrating to take so much time for the permit process, but not much to do except wait and look forward to the time it does happen. Then again ...it could be a big ploy by the gun shops to make you wait so long you break down a buy a rifle just to have something to go plink with...ahhhhhh ha...makes you wonder eh?

· Registered
1,542 Posts
Na, I got mine in Wayne county ~3 years ago, took 6 weeks. I would guess the number of applicants is up, and the performance of the bureaucracy is down! I know Janakowski has promised to spend some money on speeding the process up! I do like our new plastic permit cards, better than paper!

They have six months so they take every second.

· Registered
6 Posts
Tomorrow will be 5 months since I turned in my completed paperwork ( Wayne Co ) for my permit. Was told 5 months by the very professional and polite lady at the clerks office when I submitted it, so needless to say that did not happen. None of my references have been contacted, no sheriff interview not a thing.
Have not heard many negative comments about Judge Kehoe, he is not up for re election this year and Wayne Co really not a county that is taking extremely long in issuing permits, so something higher up like the mental health report could very well be holding up the process. Having to purchase a gun prior to submitting a permit request still has me baffled about a mental health check AFTER the fact for approving a permit request or am i not understanding the request chain of events?
It is frustrating to take so much time for the permit process, but not much to do except wait and look forward to the time it does happen. Then again ...it could be a big ploy by the gun shops to make you wait so long you break down a buy a rifle just to have something to go plink with...ahhhhhh ha...makes you wonder eh?
I feel your pain and I've only been waiting not even a month now. :( You maybe onto something about the gun shop ploy...my new Savage 11 308 rifle arrives today from Bud's gun shop, while my new S&W M&P40 sits at Beikirchs gun shop. ;)

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.