New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one reload 45-70 ammo. I'm looking at kits to start reloading. Need 45-70 capability as well as 357 mag. Any tips on a good starter kit?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Relaoding is addictive. I bought my gear used piece by piece at garage sales etc. - if I had to do it over again I'd by the RCBS starter kit including the rochchucker press for between $200 and $300 and have everything you need all in one box.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I purchased the Lee set up with the item listed below. It has worked flawlessly and if good on pistol. I can load about 150 an hour. The kit comes with a very good manual and it is tailored to the Lee products.

This is th elist I would want to HAVE to load what you listed. the second list is things that will make it nicer for you. I hae expanded since I started and am loading 38 special, 357 mag, 270 Win, 30-06 and 308 Win. I will be adding 9mm shortly. THe press will allow easly loading of a pistol and can be switched in seconds to allow for operation like a single staged press . I like doing my rifle loading this way.

Good lucjk it is as fun as shooting to me.

4 Hole Turret Press Auto Index Deluxe Kit

4 Hole Classic 4 Hole Turret Press Turret
Steel 3-Die Set 45-70 Government
Factory Crimp Die 45-70 Government 450 Marlin
Deluxe Carbide 4-Die Set 38 Special 357 Mag
Powder Funnel 22 to 45 Cal
Case Length Gage Shellholder 357 Mag
Case Length Gage Shellholder 45-70 Government
Electronic Caliper 6 SS

#5 Powder Trickler
DS-750 Electronic Powder Scale 750 Grain Capacity
Auto-Disk Adjustable Powder Charge Bar