New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Something slips through QA from every company once and a while.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Hard to see on phone is it just discoloration of brass? Almost looks like it was exposed to water or some chemical. Was box in new condition? If not, it could have happened after it left the warehouse. I'd call and tell them about it. Probably get one or more new boxes for your trouble.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hard to see on phone is it just discoloration of brass? Almost looks like it was exposed to water or some chemical. Was box in new condition? If not, it could have happened after it left the warehouse. I'd call and tell them about it. Probably get one or more new boxes for your trouble.
Nickel plated.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
look 4 from the left and one down. Primer isn't seated properly.
Like finding Waldo before your directions. I found it before I read yours, but that was fun!

OP, I am sorry you got a bad box. Thank you for sharing the pic though. I will be more vigilant in checking the rounds of new boxes before just loading up and going out the door now.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Lol, yeah, I can see it now on my PC. I hate my freaking Blackberry...

Still, I'd call them and tell them about it. Esp. for a self defense round. I'm sure they'll send you a new box (or coupon for one).

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
yeah, I"ll be sure to contact them. Glad I could give you guys a fun scavenger hunt ;)
Because of posts like this on here I check every box(more expensive ones) that I buy. Just got Gold Dot .45 today and I looked like the lady in the market examining every egg. I am sure they will rectify the situation.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I'm sure they'll do right by you if you get in touch with them. Good reminder to inspect the things that you may need to save your life someday.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Emailed them this morning. they want me to ship it back on their dime and they will replace it. Sounds good

1 - 12 of 12 Posts