1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Crap, shooting through the walls? WTF???

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
that sucks... for the people involved, and it sucks from the sense that it is going to be an excuse to take away more freedoms in regards to firearms.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The shooter reportedly had a "pistol with a scope"?
NBC is saying the shooter had "an unspecified long gun"?

They are setting up for the next round of gun grabs.

·
Registered
274 Posts
"that sucks... for the people involved, and it sucks from the sense that it is going to be an excuse to take away more freedoms in regards to firearms."

Although the new AG is a bleeding heart from what I've heard from other people at the range I frequent, I don't believe that's going to happen in PA.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I'm withholding my opinion, apparently there is a back-story about a man being defrauded of his rights who just couldn't take it anymore and the system was being used against him. Possibly.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
A pistol with a scope on it shooting through walls? What caliber and how thick were these walls? I assume they were brick?

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
I've read a few articles on this so far, and though I'm sure the whole truth won't be known for a while (if ever) it seems like the shooter was a piece of work not getting building permits when he was supposed to, openly defying the Town's planning board, disposing of sewage without a septic system (one article said that he kept human feces in buckets on his lawn, lots of neighbors complaints, etc. etc. My guess is this guy had some uunderlying mental health issues that have never been addressed, like, I don't know, every mass spree shooter that we've had the past year or two.

Once again, and I will stand by this, the problem is not guns or access to them per se, it is the woeful lack of access to mental health treatment.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Strange... I live less than 20 minutes from there and I have not heard a peep about this. I also drive past there daily, never saw anything.

I do feel a (maybe strange) sense of relief when hearing about a story like this now that I live in PA. I can actually carry a self-defense weapon now that I live here, to protect myself and my loved ones. Just knowing that takes a certain edge off.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
A pistol with a scope on it shooting through walls? What caliber and how thick were these walls? I assume they were brick?
.50 cal Desert Eagle maybe? or a 500 S&W, both those have scope rails on them and are huge calibers.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
My guess is he was in another room, shooting thru drywall. the photo of the building seems to be just a wooden building.

but now they will want to Outlaw all scopes because they can see thru walls!

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
.50 cal Desert Eagle maybe? or a 500 S&W, both those have scope rails on them and are huge calibers.
The magnum calibers (44, 41, 357) have lots of guns that you can easily attach a scope to as well.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I read in other articles he started outside in the woods with a rifle shooting into windows and that was what was going through the walls, then he went inside.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I would assume if he was shooting though walls that they were not brick. Usually these are brick outside, with aluminum framed with drywall interiors.

·
Registered
121 Posts
According to my sources he started with a Mini-14 and then after emptying it he walked back to his car and retrieved a .44 mag revolver. This is when he was tackled and one of the men got the gun and shot the shooter in the leg

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
According to my sources he started with a Mini-14 and then after emptying it he walked back to his car and retrieved a .44 mag revolver. This is when he was tackled and one of the men got the gun and shot the shooter in the leg
Guy had enough time to walk back to his car and get another gun?

Clearly we need a LCAFD ban.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts