New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dropped of all paperwork yesterday, 4 references, safety certificate, app...the next step is for them to call me in for fingerprinting.

On my app i put Personal Protection for reason. Anyone here in jeff county know the odds of restrictions and things i can do to keep the restrictions off? IMO a restricted CC is useless. i want it for every day protection.

i haven't seen a lot of talk about jeff county so any advice or points in the right direction would be appreciated.

My gun choices right now for an EDC is between the glock 27 and the XD sub compact both in the .40 caliber

Lastly let me say this site is kick ass!! lol

·
Registered
460 Posts
welcome to the site, you can learn a lot from the people here and find almost any information you need. good luck with the application process and permit, the wait is the worst part of the whole process. i have done everything i needed to do and been waiting on mine for 3 months now and still waiting.

-ryan

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
2 weeks and not even an appointment to do fingerprints. The process doesn't even start till this appointment is made, i see a lot of counties on here that do all the prints as they turn in their app...This is ridiculous

EDIT: i just called, the background check has already started, it happens before the printing and a detective is assigned, so once the call to be printed is done that means ur background check is over and the wait should be minimal from there!! Not terrible news

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a friend who's also interested in the Jefferson Co. process. Rumor is the judge(s) over there are pretty anti-gun. If anyone can confirm/deny that, that would be great. And if able please elaborate on the process.

Good luck on your app lmtless2! Took me 8 months 20 days in Franklin Co. but finally got it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just receieved my permit in Jefferson county last Thursday. I dropped the application off July 15 2011. 8 months later I received full carry no restrictions. It took so long due to my app changing Detecives somewhere in the process. I had my interview and fingerprints Febraury 20th, returned signed applications three days later an got my permit on the 21st.
Good luck

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my good friend went throughout it here and got it in just under 3 months but it is sportsman restricted...
go to the sherifs office and with all the forms they give you the requirements page, u need the references and safety course to start,turn in your app for $50 then its a waiting game till the detective calls you. Once he does you pay your $91 and do the prints and its just waiting on the judge after that...
I have heard they send another packet to your references after that but I'm not sure yet

·
Registered
68 Posts
Good luck with the process, I've had mine a while, got it in dutchess county,,but its awefully,, written on a stone tablet,, glad they came out with paper ones,, bet thats nice,,,, good luck hoep all goes smoothe

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm going on 7+ months since I submitted my paperwork (September 2011). I have yet to receive a call, even for initial interview, fingerprints, photo, etc. The nice young lady who answers the phone indicated that the paperwork is into the detective, and I know they're backlogged. I have heard that 8-9 months wait time is the norm, and even possibly up to a year. I don't want to hassle them, what with them being busy and all. Just curious if anyone else is having similar experience with LONG wait.

Thanks. Great site you have here.

·
Registered
88 Posts
What I heard last week when I picked up my new Springfield, they are running almost a year now. It will probably be atleast 4 months anyways before they call you for the interview and fingerprints. In Jefferson county now fingerprints are one of the last steps.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.