New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Not a bad article.

I'll vote for mine, but I might be partial.....

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to know how you put a DPMS sportical in the same list as some of the others there. Doesn't make sense. Good value but not the "best" rifles meaning better than the rest. They don't explain what they rated the rifles on. Maybe cost was one item.

Some of the stuff in the list like the JP competition rifle have a place in my safe when I can afford one :)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Best for certain things maybe. Some AR's are more tactical some are for precision shooting. It all depends on what you want to do with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
While I have to say that I may not agree with all of their choices (I do really like # 8 though), it is nice to see Zumbo's magazine support ARs at all. I think that the current popularity of ARs will make any future national anti AR legislation much harder to pass.

ETA: For those of you questioning why certain rifles were on the list, just look at who advertises with F&S :-X

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interesting read but lacked what I consider any of the top five AR manufactures, where was Lewis, Daniel, LWRC, Noveske.

And even though it's not really available to the civi market how could you leave the HK 416 out...

·
Registered
743 Posts
I agree... no LaRue rifles either... I'd love to know what they are basing these reviews on. Because DPMS, Bushmaster, and the Remington(re-branded Bushmaster) aren't in the same league. The Colt and Knight's Armament rifles are the only ones worth being on a top AR list.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts