New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GREAT DAY!!!!!!
today I got a text from my friend and it said get to dicks they have 525 bricks of federal or Remington for $24.95,
1 pre person per day and they had about 15 cases of each

nice to see its coming back slowly and prices are pretty good at the bigger stores when they have it

·
Registered
791 Posts
Dick's has been getting these 525 boxes since last December. You have to get there on the days they have them. I'm down to my last 600 rounds of RGB.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
yea, my son calls to tell me after he buys some for a friend. I said go get me one and he said only one per day. great looking out kid.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
...and all GONE in Glens Falls, some reportedly left in Saratoga, I'm not getting my hopes up.

15 cases? Is that 15 bricks or cases of bricks?

Should be 150 bricks. Gone in a few days? One per person...damn.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
yesterday i ask my New girlfriend if she minds stopping at dicks before we hit the road on our sunday adventures.
i tell her i need ammo for rifle bullseye shooting coming up.
i say...
"think Olympic shooters not hillbilly shooters."

we get there at opening time and walk into the store which is very quiet, walk up to the ammo counter and wait for someone to show up. all of a sudden a Dirty storm of HillBillies roll up to the counter.

We all wait until the guy comes and asks
"Hows next",

which was clearly me.

the woman yells out,
"Thats US"

So i Say,
"Excuse me I was here First and i just want two boxes of 22LR"

the guy knows me so goes and grabs me two boxes and send me on my way.
the whole time the hillbilly woman is grumbling and mumbling
"my god, my god..."

when we leave the store, the New GF says with a chuckle...

"Olympic shooters my butt!"

Truth be told, I have Never had such a Horrible interaction with other shooters, so i think those were 22 scalpers!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
If you go to gunbroker and kinda watch the offerings , you will see it's the same bunch relisting the same stuff over and over ! I'm waiting for them to get caught holding a bunch when it finally gets caught up ( which isn't too far away from what I'm seeing ) yep it will be funny to here them try an sell it cheaper , just to get rid of it soon !

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
yea, my son calls to tell me after he buys some for a friend. I said go get me one and he said only one per day. great looking out kid.
Sounds like someone is about to get written out of the will........

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
If you go to gunbroker and kinda watch the offerings , you will see it's the same bunch relisting the same stuff over and over ! I'm waiting for them to get caught holding a bunch when it finally gets caught up ( which isn't too far away from what I'm seeing ) yep it will be funny to here them try an sell it cheaper , just to get rid of it soon !
The thing is, they could give away what they get stuck with and still make bank on the whole shortage.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I saw it in their ad this week but sadly I didn't see the ad till later Sunday evening when they about to close.. I called Monday at lunch time and they were sold out already :( ..

·
Registered
660 Posts
GREAT DAY!!!!!!
today I got a text from my friend and it said get to dicks they have 525 bricks of federal or Remington for $24.95,
1 pre person per day and they had about 15 cases of each

nice to see its coming back slowly and prices are pretty good at the bigger stores when they have it
Don't bother, I drove to Dick's this morning ask for a brick. Guy behind the cointer told me all they had was single pk's and hadn't had any bricks in a long long time. Sounds like BS to me.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they had them at wilton and I checked latham and he had some just not as many, and none coming in on Friday delivery for this week

1 - 12 of 12 Posts