New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a manufacture that produces a 5r rifling barrel blank, in stainless, for a .22 caliber. If it's already chambered for .22Lr that's fine but if it's not that's fine as well. Barrel is a hair over 16", so a 16.5"+ long blank would be fine. I haven't placed any direct calls yet to Krieger or Shilen, but I've been searching for the past 1/2 hour online and haven't come across anything yet that's listed.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't tried them yet but I did get some emails out to both Lilja and Lothar Walther. I think LW is going to be my best bet as I know they do offer polygonal rifle blanks for .223, so I'll have to wait and see what they say.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
I haven't tried them yet but I did get some emails out to both Lilja and Lothar Walther. I think LW is going to be my best bet as I know they do offer polygonal rifle blanks for .223, so I'll have to wait and see what they say.
Hold on you mentioned 22LR and not you mention .223? what are you looking for? there is no .223 bore. They is either .222 for the LR/short/others or .224 for the 223 rem and a truck load of others in that bore.
Anyway lothar walter makes the best polygonal barrels I have ever seen unlike some other recent polygonal makers like the Blackhole that is not good. You get what you pay for that is always the case.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I meant 223 as in I know Walther makes polygonal rifled barrels for .223 caliber rifles(not actual .223 bore diameter), and knew they make some excellent barrels all around so I figured they would likely be my best bet to getting a proper barrel.

Sorry if my wording was confusing.

I also just pulled up the Pac-nor site before checking back in here and was reading their stuff. Good pricing too.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
hold on, but that is the thing if it is chambered for the 22LR most likely is a .222 bore and not .224 that is what you need ... I think?
PAcnor is noveske and noveske is pacnor. Very good but there are others. Tell me you want to rechamber in .223 rem / 5.56?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts