New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a bunch of Federal brass I'd like to reload but the primer pockets need a reaming or swaging. any recommendations on what tool to buy or not buy?

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
The RCBS swager pushed the crimp back into the pocket instead of removing the material, right?
Correct, it re-sizes the primer pocket and does not remove any material.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have both and your arm will get pretty tired with the 1st option I listed even if it is cheaper. The RCBS isn't that much more $$ and it's press mounted and is considerably less effort.

RCBS Primer Pocket Swager Combo - MidwayUSA
That's it! I searched Midway before I posted and couldn't find it. Guess my Midway- foo is challenged. Thanks!
I'm only doing about 200 rounds for a Rem 700 but I like the idea of swaging more than reaming especially cause its easier on me. I do all my deburring by hand and that's more than enough for hand operations.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the RCBS primer pocket swage tool and it works like a champ! Dillon makes a good one too, and it doesn't require a press (it comes mounted in its own press), but it is about twice the price of the RCBS. The RCBS also comes with a swaging tool for 7.62 mil brass as well, and the Dillon doesn't. I have done a TON of 5.56 with mine and I think it is well worth the purchase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts