New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
#1 Wolf Match Target #2 CCI Green Tag Match #3 Federal Gold Medal

These are the best grouping I have used in any .22 I own.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I love the pop on those but are you getting tight groups?
Yup they really work great at 50 yards with my Savage but I am bench shooting also..Next time I go I get some pictures of the targets I am shooting at,The Savage really surprise me how well it shoots,my landlord was thinking we should try and see what they can do at 75 and 100 yards..

Actually both my 22lr and 22wmr both shoot pretty accurate..I would highly recommend ether one for a bolt action 22lr or 22wmr at least in a bolt action..and I really like the thumb hole stock as you can really get a feel for the rifle and can control,I really want to find a stock like this for my Browning 308..

Here is what my 2 Savages look like..

Clarence

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
My Ruger 77/22 with a Shilen factory contour barrel shoots CCI-SV the best! Have tried higher priced 22 ammo with no better results. Shoot my first 250 IBA target a few weeks ago at the Pine Tree Rifle Club 22 benchrest league.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
My Ruger 77/22 with a Shilen factory contour barrel shoots CCI-SV the best! Have tried higher priced 22 ammo with no better results. Shoot my first 250 IBA target a few weeks ago at the Pine Tree Rifle Club 22 benchrest league.
I love my 77/22 great rifle!

·
Registered
12 Posts
For just shooting at paper i shoot what i can get in bulk, As long as the rifle cycles it, it works for me. When i go steel plate shooting I like to shoot the CCI Mini Mags, or Norma Match rounds. A co-worker was kind enough to let me try a box of 50rds of Federal, That worked well too.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I ran a test of many brands including federal match, rem match, eli, etc. In the end I went with cci green tag. It was almost as good as the best but less expensive and readily available AT THE TIME. I was not competing so it was plenty accurate to satisfy my ego.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Almost every time ( yes there may be a RARE exception) best groups will be obtained with standard velocity ammo and for best accuracy you might as well throw bulk pack high velocity stuff and get a similar result. The European ammo tends to have much more consistency and accuracy than domestic makers.

cci green tag and federal gold medal may give great results in some guns and you will get lucky at times with something like cci standard

1 - 17 of 17 Posts