New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Pretty new to forums, couldn't find any relevant threads on this so decided to make one.

So I've been considering adding to a .22 rifle to my collection for small game(mostly squirrel and fox) but immediately got lost in all the options.
Eventually after browsing what my store of choice had in stock, I've narrowed options down to 3 options:
Keystone Chipmunk
Ruger 10/22
CZ Scout

Hopefully there are some folks who have expirience with one of several of those. Budget is 500-600, so nothing crazy.
Maybe there is something else worth considering out of other .22 rifles 22 LR Rifles - GritrSports.com so give it a look, maybe I'm missing on a good option.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hard to go wrong with the Ruger 10 22, but have you looked at the lever action Henry rifles? I love mine, its an absolute tack driver, can shoot LR and Shorts. Such a nice rifle. Wish I bought it years ago.

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hard to go wrong with the Ruger 10 22, but have you looked at the lever action Henry rifles? I love mine, its an absolute tack driver, can shoot LR and Shorts. Such a nice rifle. Wish I bought it years ago.
I'm considering it, but don't know how good it is as a first, might look into those, thanks!
I ended up choosing the Ruger 10/22 takedown for that task. Its an amazing gun and holds its sight / scope perfectly from taking it down and putting it back together. Plus the magpul stock makes it even more comfortable:
Heard only good things about 10/22, so it's looking like it's going to be Ruger for me :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
It depends on your preference. semi-auto or bolt action?
The Ruger 10/22 is a very popular choice. Follow-up shots will be faster with a semi-auto vs. bolt action.

But I like a bolt action CZ rifle. They make a great rifle. just my preference.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My wife’s first rifle was a CZ bolt action and she liked it until she fired my 10/22. I had to buy her one just so she’d keep her hands off mine. We kept hers factory but I later changed mine out to a hogue stock, bull barrel and UTG extended picatinny rail. I also suggest mag extenders, extended mag release and the extractor upgrade.
(….we have also found tighter groupings with a LULA mag loader over the Butler Creek)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts