New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has a 2012 toyota Rav 4 and whenever he locks or unlocks his doors his car makes the beep sounds.

Does anyone know how to diable that? He isn't looking to take it to the dealer but trying to find out if there is a combination of things that need to be done to disable it. For example with my car I had to hold door unlock button and insert and take out key so many times then open door.

Any help is greatly appreciated and I tried googling this already to no avail.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Found this in another forum for a Tacoma pickup. Not sure if it would work in this case:

1. Open the driver's door, and insert the key into the ignition. Leave the door open.2. Remove the key from the ignition, and within 5 seconds, re-insert the key and then turn the ignition to ON.
3. Wait at least 10 seconds, but less than 20 seconds. After waiting, press a button on the remote twice (same button, both times).
The system will acknowledge with a beep if you did it right.
You could probably also just unplug the buzzer under the hood. Maybe in fuses or near it.

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
I'm a member of some rav forums. I'll ask them.

·
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, I have read that the dealer has to do it on some of those forums and my friend is hoping he doesn't have too.

I will pass that on to see if he tried that itismooch.

Thank you Smurfette let me know what they say.

·
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found this in another forum for a Tacoma pickup. Not sure if it would work in this case:

You could probably also just unplug the buzzer under the hood. Maybe in fuses or near it.
He tried that series of things twice with no luck he says

·
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya plug it back in for THAT .... then unplug it!! LMAO!!! Actually I think this is what usmc is talking about ...

Yea thats what he is trying to turn off. I just went out and tried the instructions posted above with leaving door open and all that but it did not work

·
Registered
709 Posts
Too far for me to go with scan tool. Sorry. Ask selling dealer to take care of it. Where I work in Newburgh we will generally do minor stuff like that for free if we sold the vehicle ((or are asked nice).

·
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok thanks, I will let him know that is his only option. I appreciate your willingness to help out if it wasn't such a huge distance. Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts