New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little confused on the magazine ban....say you have 20 round pre ban magazines, are these also illegal to own as I might have missed something regarding them. This is just a hypothetical question as the law mentions 30 round magazines

Bans possession of any “high-capacity magazines” regardless of when they were made or sold. The maximum capacity for a detachable magazine is reduced from ten rounds to seven. Magazines owned before passage of the SAFE Act able to hold seven to ten rounds can be possessed, but cannot be loaded with more than seven rounds. .22 caliber tubular magazines are exempt from this limit. Previously legal “pre-1994-ban” magazines with a capacity of 30 rounds are not exempt, and must be sold within one year to an out-of-state resident or turned into local authorities. The magazine limit takes effect April 15, 2013.

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
The law doesn't say 30 rounds, it says any magazine with a capacity greater than 10. You have until next year to get rid of your 20 rd mags by turning in, blocking permanently to ten, (seven after 4/15/13), selling out of state or to a dealer.

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
Man is this going to get messy .

I have a new 20 round magazine that was pinned to 10 to be NY compliant So its now a ten round magazine can I keep it?
If a permanent modification, yes you can keep it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
keep it all.............and we all have to stand our ground on this.....I did not fight for my country to get treated like a piece of crap by the tyrants that are trying to ruin what I and my brothers in arms laid down their lives for. I'm not a radical by any means nor do I intend to become one, but enough is enough....this crap makes me sick, that our government has come to this and our citizens cannot see what is happening

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
Collector48 ! Thank you and all that have served our Country !! That after all the sacrifice our Brave men and women and their families have gone through ! We are left with Fools that are suppose to uphold our Constitution but yet they trash it every chance they get ! Excuse me but we as Law abiding citizens must Remove them as soon as possible or our Country will become a lost Memory ? keep what you have we are not Criminals !! :rant:bs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.