New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Krick's Korner store in Reading reopens for business day after deadly robbery | Regional: Berks - Home

READING, Pa. -
Twenty-four hours after two men were killed during a botched robbery in Reading, the corner store where it happened was open again for business.

Crowds gathered outside Krick's Korner, 1671 N. Ninth St., and candles flickered on the sidewalk Tuesday.

Two masked men armed with guns burst inside the store Monday afternoon. They were met by a man described by officials as a "concerned citizen," who witnessed the robbery in progress.

Families want justice for suspects killed after robbery of Krick's Korner store in Reading | Home - Home

Meantime, family members of the two masked men spoke out Tuesday.

"It's not fair," said Virginia Medina, mother of 24-year-old William Medina, who police said robbed Krick's Korner store alongside 18-year-old Robert De Carr on Monday.

The two men were shot and killed by a private citizen while leaving the store, and family members want to see charges pressed.

"[William] had no right to lose his life over something that man could have called the police for," said Medina. "He took the law into his own hands and walked away scot-free."

"How about if people just start running around here, policing the city on their own? How much worse is it going to get?" said Peter Ratel, Medina's cousin.

The family members said they are hurt by comments suggesting the alleged robbers were "thugs."

According to Medina, William was "no big hard criminal" and was rather a family-man who loved his young daughter.

Robert De Carr was described similarly by his sister, Taylor De Carr.

"My brother was a good kid," she told 69 News.

While family members are demanding justice, police and prosecutors said the man who shot and killed the two suspects acted within the law.

In addition to being exempt from criminal charges, Adams said because of the Castle Doctrine, the shooter now has civil protection from being sued by the families.

I love how the families of these pieces of crap always say they weren't criminals. As far as I see it justice was served, no need to waste money on a trial, imprisonment, ect. When your not a criminal family member is killed while committing armed robbery they are thugs and criminals.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
""[William] had no right to lose his life over something that man could have called the police for,""

What does this malcontent think the police would have done? It's okay if police shoot him but not Joe Schmoe defending his life and the lives of others?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Is it bad that I feel a weird kind of satisfaction when some POS gets shot and killed and the families whine and moan about it but the police tell them to shove it?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it bad that I feel a weird kind of satisfaction when some POS gets shot and killed and the families whine and moan about it but the police tell them to shove it?
Not at all I do. I admit it I laugh at how they defend their family member who was caught and killed in the act of committing a violent felony. But the family always says of no they weren't a criminal, just trying to make ends meet, or did it for their child, ect

My favorite line of article
In addition to being exempt from criminal charges, Adams said because of the Castle Doctrine, the shooter now has civil protection from being sued by the families.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Not at all I do. I admit it I laugh at how they defend their family member who was caught and killed in the act of committing a violent felony. But the family always says of no they weren't a criminal, just trying to make ends meet, or did it for their child, ect

My favorite part too, like an extra FU to the family member of the "loving father"

·
Registered
2,719 Posts

I would feel bad if this was a desperate father shoplifting secretly and he had no weapon. This is armed robbery and a violent crime.. Huge difference and I will not lose sleep over these two.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Justice delayed is justice denied! They received their just reward swiftly and within the law. Sometimes the stars align and thing work out.
Robin

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
the only comment missing is this:

"DEY WAZ JUS TURN'N THEIR LIVES AROUND"

I wonder how long it will be, before we hear from Al sharpie and his cohort Jessie Jackworm

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
If you draw down on someone illegally, expect to get shot. Good Karma was on the shoulders of that CCW holder.

Also, I'm sorry that the comments hurt, but SO DOES BEING ROBBED. "sticks and stones may break my bones..."

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
OMG they admit one of the thugs was a drug user, but he would only have tried the robbery to pay child support. Try getting a job. They drew guns on the guy yet some how people are saying they were good people. Wow.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I believe this falls under the category of "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

·
Registered
97 Posts
the only comment missing is this:

"DEY WAZ JUS TURN'N THEIR LIVES AROUND"

I wonder how long it will be, before we hear from Al sharpie and his cohort Jessie Jackworm
Maybe the shooter isn't white. It doesn't work for Al and Jesse, unless they can scream racism.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Boy, leave it to america for great stories like this. You can't make this crap up. They really weren't that bad, right after this robbery they were going to turn their lives around, really they were.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Maybe the next pair of criminals will think twice knowing that ANYONE with a gun can end their useless lives in a matter of seconds!!!
I love PA!

·
Registered
41 Posts
What a bunch of dummies. A great example of ppl not seeing possible consequences of their actions. You cannot expect to rob, steal and act like a general thug without the possibility of death lurking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts