New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two Senators Move to Bring Mental Health Bill to the Senate Floor Following Navy Shooting

"A bi-partisan effort by New Hampshire Senator Kelly Ayotte (R) and Alaska Senator Mark Begich (D) seeks to bring a mental health bill to the floor of the Senate for consideration."

Not sure how I feel about this though. Can't wait till they define mental health.

"According to POLITICO, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said he is open to the idea of bringing a standalone mental health bill to the Senate."

Oh how nice of you Harry to be "open to the idea". What an a$$hat. I have to admit though, anything that Harry wants to get involved with worries me.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
This one scares me more than the rest of the ****. It could end up that any local "expert" can deem you "mentally unstable" and boom!! revoked!. I understand the issues at hand, but I'm extremely wary of what the outcome will be.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Anytime you bring one persons opinion of anothers "mental health" into making a decision, you'll get 10 different answers from 10 different people. Ted Nugent is a prime example. Many people think he's a bad ass, no holds barred, tell it like it is, true Red, White, and Blue American who just wants to live free (me). And plenty think that he's a psychotic gun nut that should be locked in a padded room (not me). With Obamacare looming on the horizon, and the fact that insurance companies run the show in the medical field, this could very well open the door to a mass confiscation. The wording of the bill will be particularly important to avoid any loopholes.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm a bit skeptical as well. First off, I'm not very familiar with either of these senators. But, both NH and AK are gun friendly states. AK has a rather large mental health problem. Well at least it is all lumped into the mental health umbrella. I lived about 100 miles south of Fairbanks, AK for some time. During my stay there, the suicide rate was astronomical. With the long dark winters, people tend to get rather depressed in the winter time. For the most part this is actually a "medical" condition not a "mental health" condition. Let me explain, the sun helps your body produce the vitamin D that it needs. The vitamin D is fortified through drinking milk and other products. Well AK for year has been feeding the "native (Indian/eskimo)" population booze and drugs, creating addicts that don't consume much more then the booze or the drugs. Leaving the sun to provide the Vitamin D. So where I was living, from about late Octoberish to April/Mayish there was no sun. While during this time period it wasn't 100% dark there was not sufficient sun to assist in the production of Vitamin D. leading to the high suicide rate. So some would day there is a "mental health" problem in AK.

I can't speak to any, if any mental health problems in NH. I mean hell, I can carry a gun with out a permit, I can ride my motorcycle with out a helmet. **** live free or die!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
The libs know what they're doing. They have some horse's patoot create a diagnosis of gunaphilia and make it a psychotic diagnosis with the only symptom is the wish to own a firearm. Only treatment - take guns away. Reid leans so far to the left they have to prop him up to keep him from falling over.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Yeah, I ain't down with this, either. Any doctor can deem you "mentally unstable" for a million reasons.

Where the hell do they draw the line with our rights?...

Wait, no...where the hell do WE draw the line???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts