New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A retired NYPD detective nearly caused a tragedy on Tuesday when she put a loaded pistol in her daughter's backpack - and the girl inadvertently brought it to school.

Article Link

There were two different stories sorry about that.

WAVECREST - A 7-year-old boy brought a gun to a Queens elementary school Thursday morning, the NYPD said.

Article Link

·
Registered
147 Posts
How on earth do you "forget" you put it there? I've forgotten to put my shotgun in the safe, but that is an entirely different story than placing a concealable, loaded handgun in a school aged child's backpack.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
"Marian Brioso, 46, of Staten Island, put her .25-caliber Taurus handgun in her 6-year-old daughter's book bag, planning to remove it later, police sources said."

I don't understand. Why would you ever put a loaded handgun in your child's backpack? Why was it there in the first place?

·
Banned
20 Posts
Was this a retired Leo which is exempt from the 7 round who would have then sent her daughter to school with ten rounds or more instead of 7 ? I can now see why leos should be exempt. They are far more responsible than the average law abiding citizen.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I've come home after a long day of just shooting left my gun in the range bag and passed out. (I cleaned it before putting it in the bag)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
"Nearly caused a tragedy"???? Really???
so, just because there was a handgun in the bag, it means there will automatically be a loss of life?

OMG what are these idiots smoking!

·
Registered
19 Posts
These are the type of people who should be thrown in jail. It is this total lack of responsibility, that caused the Newtown shooting, and causing this witch hunt to take semi-autos away from us all. People lock your **** up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Like I poster earlier..

You can' fight stupid, these are the idiotic things that always work against us.

·
Registered
982 Posts
don't worry

"The girl's scared classmates met with school therapists on Wednesday."

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update Article 2

She told police she forgot to take .22 pistol, flare gun and bullets from son's backpack after going on walk the night before.

A New York mother of four was arrested Friday after her 7-year-old son unwittingly brought an unlicensed .22-caliber semi-automatic pistol, ammunition and a flare gun to his school.
Article Link

1 - 15 of 15 Posts