New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are the 16 RINO Republicans with their NRA RATTING who just moments ago voted with Feinstein, Schumer and Reid to advance Obama's gun control bill.

Lamar Alexander (Tenn.) – NRA A rated
Kelly Ayotte (N.H.) – NRA A rated
Richard Burr (N.C.) – NRA A rated
Saxby Chambliss (Ga.) – NRA A rated
Tom Coburn (Okla.) – NRA A rated
Susan Collins (Maine) – NRA B+ rated
Bob Corker (Tenn.) – NRA A rated
Jeff Flake (Ariz.) – NRA A rated
Lindsey Graham (S.C.) – NRA A rated
Dean Heller (Nev.) – NRA A rated
John Hoeven (N.D.) – NRA A rated
Johnny Isakson (Ga.) – NRA A rated
Mark Kirk (Ill.) – NRA D rated
John McCain (Ariz.) – NRA B+ rated
Pat Toomey (Pa.) – NRA A rated
Roger Wicker (Miss.) – NRA A+ rated

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Well no surprise here, they were already on my list of traitors for other reasons, except Senator Coburn-that one hurts.

To be fair, maybe Lindsay had to rush off to his sewing circle so he did not know what he was voting for.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I don't know why people get mad...

The bill was ALWAYS going to come up for debate...If they didn't let that happen this would have been dragged out for ****ing ever.

The Background check BS will pass the other amendments won't

You should really pay more attention to what happens with the magazine/awb

·
Registered
816 Posts
Well what if they all voted no? It would have died no more wast of time. They could get on with fixing the spending problem. There is always a distraction to keep them from getting the most important things done.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Well what if they all voted no? It would have died no more wast of time. They could get on with fixing the spending problem. There is always a distraction to keep them from getting the most important things done.
Take a math class?

Every democrat was going to vote for this it was always going to come up for debate...This is what happens when the democrats have a majority. Unlike NY there are many more democrats in the senate who do back some gun rights including not supporting a AWB. A lot of those democrats are in states that could easily boot them if they start gun grabbing.

They don't have the democratic votes for an AWB

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Better to advance it to discussion and let it implode in public than to allow it to die a quiet death behind the scenes.

·
Registered
748 Posts
It was coming to a vote no matter what happened...

This makes the whole process look bi partisan

If republicans fold on magazines or AWB feel free to fire up the angry mob but I would wait and see right now.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Take a math class?

Every democrat was going to vote for this it was always going to come up for debate...This is what happens when the democrats have a majority. Unlike NY there are many more democrats in the senate who do back some gun rights including not supporting a AWB.
Incorrect, and you might check your own math. There are not 60 Dem votes in the Senate, the numbers were not there and this should have been killed before ever seeing a vote. "every" Dem you claim would vote Yea, didn't do so in fact. Alaska and Arkansas Dems voted no. So do the math again before foolishly preaching about a "majority." There weren't 60 votes until Toomey pulled his maneuver and then the RINO floodgates opened. Just because something passes committee, doesn't mean it gets a floor vote. This is politics 101, most proposed legislation never sees light of day, let alone a vote.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
There should be no "compromise", period! End of story! There are over 20000 gun control laws on the books in our country, id say thats more than enough, and they dont even enforce many of them. Yet, they want to pass more so it looks like they are doing something. Its ****ing criminal!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Incorrect, and you might check your own math. There are not 60 Dem votes in the Senate, the numbers were not there and this should have been killed before ever seeing a vote. "every" Dem you claim would vote Yea, didn't do so in fact. Alaska and Arkansas Dems voted no. So do the math again before foolishly preaching about a "majority." There weren't 60 votes until Toomey pulled his maneuver and then the RINO floodgates opened. Just because something passes committee, doesn't mean it gets a floor vote. This is politics 101, most proposed legislation never sees light of day, let alone a vote.
You need 60 votes to stop a filibuster

You need a simple majority to bring something to a vote

This issue wasn't going away regardless..That is the issue regardless of how everyone wanted it to "go away" and be done that obviously wasn't happening with the current media blitz and campaigning around the country Obama and Biden have been doing.

This was always going to move forward

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
This was NOT always going to move forward, Reid was not even going to give it a vote.

The Majority Leader does not bring a bill to the floor for a vote if the votes aren't there.

Reid counted the votes and this was going to die quietly by procedure.

He was resolved to sparing his colleagues the embarrassment of having to vote against it.

All that changed when the RINOs got the chance to break rank, only then did Reid move it forward.

The bill was DOA until Toomey rolled over, this never should have happened if the GOP could actually hold rank.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Gun owners in these states had better make some changes soon. That McCain has become pretty ****ing useless

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Here is where I get concerned, the Pandora's Box concept. Now its on, the media barrage will continue, do not count Feinstein's AW amendment out now, crazier things have happened in that chamber. If we get some dingbat doing something sick at a prom while this thing is being debated, basically a Newtown 2.0, the wrath of the liberals could be untenable. As for the House, after 1994 I trust NO Republican until AFTER they vote.

This proposal should have been DOA.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's tough to vote against republicans when you would be voting for democrats instead. We should all be hoping to take back the senate and keep the house in 2014. Otherwise we're all screwed cause there's no telling what abominations no pun intended they will comeup with no checks and balances for 2 years with Obama on the way out

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Well this is his obamination which truly is an a(o)bomination of what this country once was.
It's tough to vote against republicans when you would be voting for democrats instead. We should all be hoping to take back the senate and keep the house in 2014. Otherwise we're all screwed cause there's no telling what abominations no pun intended they will comeup with no checks and balances for 2 years with Obama on the way out

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Does it really matter though? It'll never pass the house. They're trying to "show" bipartisanship. While I agree that some are true RINOs some may just want a vote to be killed once and for all.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
It better not pass the house! My unwillingness to "compromise" is because i am tired of having my RIGHTS UNLAWFULLY STRIPPED FROM ME. Let. them enforce some of the good ones on the books, and we still need to figh to get the unconstitutional ones thrown out!

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
I'm so sick of our "representatives"...if I wanted to get screwed I'd just vote Democrat.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts