New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any predictions? It shall be a very big day and decision making event for many on the forum here. I know where I stand. Very anxious to see the outcome.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
I'm not going to lie. It is going to be tough to sleep election night and a very nervous awakening.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Vote all the bastards out!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Monkey Face packs his bags.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. There are just too many emotion-driven fools. I have tried to appeal to logic and reason, but I have been unable to penetrate the wall of ignorance. The illusion of "doing something" is what matters, not results. Just this morning I was told that without the SAFE Act, children could own machine guns. I tried to explain everything wrong with what they said, but I was simply dismissed as a "Tea-bagger gun-nut"
At least they didn't comment on my penis size.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. There are just too many emotion-driven fools. I have tried to appeal to logic and reason, but I have been unable to penetrate the wall of ignorance. The illusion of "doing something" is what matters, not results. Just this morning I was told that without the SAFE Act, children could own machine guns. I tried to explain everything wrong with what they said, but I was simply dismissed as a "Tea-bagger gun-nut"
At least they didn't comment on my penis size.
Trust me, they did. It just wasn't obvious.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
All we can do is try! Everyone that owns a gun should be talking to friends, family & neighbors and get them to the polls. I'll offer them a ride. It's crunch time! FUAC

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am relieved and excited. We are finally getting some type of results unlike all these lawsuits etc. Not sweating it at all since I know the day after election day I win no matter the outcome. Which way the victory will come is what I'm waiting to find out.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Republicans are gonna rule everything

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Yeah ill be up again watching the results and robs accepting speech

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I think there will be a lot of surprised NYers when Astorino wins.

I see hundreds of Astorino signs and two Cuomo signs. Who knows what that means but it has to mean something positive to some degree. I don't see much support for FUAC on right or left leaning website comment sections. The ABC voters are motivated the other side will not be IMO. The Democratic Party is fractured, Teachout had a good showing against Andy. Even though she was such a huge underdog and didn't have the registered Republican gun owners behind her. The Democrat Party is fractured = low turnout, split vote. Cuomo has big money donors some out of NY State.
Astorino hopefully has the people, ( the people vote money doesn't )

IMO the NY State gubernatorial elections of 2014 is ripe for an upset.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
After the 2012 election, I took 2 days off from work and hibernated at my camp, alone. That was a terrible time. I hope this year goes better, but I'm not getting a good vibe for NY.

·
Registered
871 Posts
like soylent blue i am also hoping for the best, but expecting the worse. I think their are just too many people who aren't going to vote, coupled with a bunch of people who have no idea whats actually going on.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts