New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i ordered a bunch of good stuff in the last couple of weeks, and one item was a MI SS12 rail to go on this 16" middy build.
turns out they weren't actually in stock. i wasn't set on having to have the MI SS12 specifically, but that was what was "in stock"
I really wanted any similar 12" modular free float system. so i started looking elsewhere, but i couldn't find any options in stock anywhere the last couple of days! (in black anyway, other colors are abundent)

anyway, i get an email today that they have a 15" version available. i said eff it, i'll take it. i'm impatient i guess at this point.
so next week i should be putting together my first build.

so does anybody else have a 16" barrel with a 15" handguard on it? any pictures?
i think it might look badass, but am I going to cook the end of the handguard having it so long and close to the muzzle?
I'm putting a fsc556 compensator on the end too

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
I have a 15" rail on my 16" barrel w/ an FSC30 compensator on it (6.8 SPC rifle). I'll take a pic in a minute or two.

·
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ooh nice. i was starting second guess myself a bit there as it's something i just hadn't really seen! but that looks pretty bad ass,
i think this decision based on my impatience will work out ok
haha

·
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, my name is BIG flash, so i might as well go big right?
haha, couldn't help myself..

·
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
evileyes, is that yours or is it a picture you found online?

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
I wonder if your hand is going to be in the blast cone from your brake. You might want to put a hand stop to keep your hand back a little. I know you have long ass arms.

·
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder if your hand is going to be in the blast cone from your brake. You might want to put a hand stop to keep your hand back a little. I know you have long ass arms.
yeah, that's a good idea! i knew you guys would have some good insight :)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
It's prob a good thing that you went with the longer one, your arms are so long it will most likely fit you way better.

·
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
awesome, thanks for the reassurance :)

funny how things work out sometimes..

·
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well all the pieces are in, time to start building!

they screwed up though and sent me a MI SS15 - gen2 instead of the older version.
I was told, and was expecting to get the version that has round holes, and is a little bit bigger diameter, but instead got the newer one with slots.

this one is definitely nicer looking, and is the more expensive option, so i'm not going to complain :)
as long as it's not TOO narrow :) seems light as can be too!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
If the tube is to narrow alone you can put an AFG on it, should make a it fit your big ass hand a bit better. lol

·
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha, thanks for the offer but I think i'll just suck it up and keep this one :)

·
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't have to guess what mine is going to look like anymore!
it's finally complete and ready to test this weekend :)

FV7A8282.jpg

thanks to everyone that has helped me out,
big thanks go out to Jeff and bpipe especially for helping get all together properly :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts