New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Animals that ****ed up get put down, apparently humans just go to court and plead insane.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The answer..........although not simple and extremely difficult...........is stop raising evil kids!!

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Geeze, who do we scapegoat here, the gun or the games?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Thats just... crazy. I dont want to sound insensitive but hearing that the kid tried to rape his mom over a call of duty game reminds me of that youtube video where the kid tries to cram a remote up his ass because his dad cancelled his warcraft account...

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
"the lawyer said that a child psychiatrist will testify that Crooks suffers from intermittent explosive disorder - a mental illness marked by repeated episodes of impulsive, aggressive or violent behavior."

You see, they have to label everything as a disorder or syndrome. This way they can prescribe a drug to treat it. Years ago, people used to be fat. Now they are "clinically obese". You can't legally prescribe a drug for fat people, but you can if you are "clinically obese". This is the pharmaceutical game. Not heartburn, but "acid reflux disorder" and so on. Instead of this kid just being a piece of sh&t evil spoiled bastard who probably wasn't parented right, he has intermittent explosive disorder. Takes the responsibility away from the individual and puts the blame on his "condition".

"The father said that his son did once say that he wanted to kill his mother, but he didn't take the threat seriously."

Yeah, great parenting. Buy the kid a firearm when he had previously threatened to kill his mother. I have a 12 year old and a 15 year old (boys). I am sure we haven't always seen eye to eye, but I have raised them in such a way that I could never ever imagine them saying they wanted to kill me or my wife. That is not something to even joke about so how that wouldn't be a red flag is beyond me. Another example of people blaming everything but themselves. No personal responsibility.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If this tuens into one of those 10 page back and forth video games are the devil thread, I just want to say I agree with everything temporaryscars says:D

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Well this should fit nicely into someones agenda.They can try to kill 3 birds with 1 stone.Video games ,guns and mentally insane.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hes gotta just be some kind of crazy.

When I was 13 I would get in trouble and not be allowed to play videogames and Iwould just throw a hissy fit, like any normal kid would.
This kid is in the realm of a real life michael myers nutjob.

·
Registered
996 Posts
When I was 13 there were no video games... and when I got in trouble I received a good dose of the belt !

·
Registered
172 Posts
"the lawyer said that a child psychiatrist will testify that Crooks suffers from intermittent explosive disorder - a mental illness marked by repeated episodes of impulsive, aggressive or violent behavior."
I have to call BS on this. Just because this kid wasn't raised properly, and was probably a spoiled pisspot, doesn't mean he has a mental illness.
And attempted rape? WTF. Again, I say no morals, and especially no common sense either. And the no common sense applies to the parents for giving this spoiled pisspot a rifle.

If I EVER said I wanted to kill my family, or ANYONE for that matter, I would receive "a few light slams" as Mrs Doubtfire put it...

I honestly think the family structure today is crumbling, parents relying on TV and Video Games to raise their kids, so they grow up with no sense of morals.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Animal. He couldn't be a better candidate for the death penalty.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
There is a not so old saying, "garbage in, garbage out!". Probably true most times, the Jesuit's say, "give me your boy till twelve and he is ours for life". Also probably mostly true. But there are times when, for some unexplainable reason, the container is itself bad, and there is no fixing it, not by mom and dad, not by doctors, or even Jesuits.
Robin

·
Registered
298 Posts
when I was 13, my Father was still able to kick my ass
even a smart alec comment wasn't tolerated
I used to get my but kicked, but you cant do that now its not P/C.to me there is nothing wrong with putting the fear of god into kids, drawing the line that you are the parent and they will do what they are told. thats the problem with todays youth no fear no consequences for actions.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The culprit here is the parents. Not the guns, the games or a medical field that tries to identify and treat legitimately disabled people. But, not for the reasons you think.

It could be that the child's is typical but spoiled. Rape and murder seems a bit of an extreme outcome. Most parents aren't perfect and spoil their kids. Spanking and other pain-based disciplines are currently out of vouge. It makes me wonder why more children don't rape and murder their parents. In any case, parenting fail.

If it is the case that the child has a legitimate disorder, I'm not a developmental physician, so I'm not familiar with this particular diagnosis. However, it might be that traditional disciplines like time-outs or even spanking may not have been effective. This doesn't absolve the parents of blame. We don't allow teachers or doctors to raise our kids for us. If a kid has such a disorder, you don't ignore it. You keep them out of situations that may injure themselves or others. You learn to be more creative about discipline. But, you do provide consequences for bad behavior. In this case, parenting fail.

I'm the father of two autistic kids. Autism is a communication disorder. An austitic child in not retarded or insane. Children with autism process sensory information differently. Unlike Rainman, this often doesn't result in super-powers or misunderstood genius. Autistic children will often have trouble deciphering the feelings and motives of other humans. This makes traditional discipline problematic. When your Dad gave you the belt. It was an act of communication. He first let you know why he was doing it. He connected the punishment with the misbehavior. The belt was so you wouldn't forget. Physical trauma helps us remember things. It's a survival instinct. However, with an autistic child, the punishment may not be cognitively connected with misbehavior. All the kid knows is that his parent is causing pain. He doesn't understand that, "It hurts me more than it hurts you." It doesn't correct the misbehavior. It only teaches that people communicate by hurting each other. The child learns to communicate through aggressive behavior like pinching, biting or pulling hair. Perhaps graduating to rape and murder?

Parents with kids with such special needs have a heightened responsibility not to let their children hurt themselves or others. Don't let them play games without limits. Don't give them access to firearms. They learn communication strategies and strategies to manage impulsive behavior.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts