New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
FORT HOOD, Texas – A military mental health doctor facing deployment overseas opened fire at the Fort Hood Army post on Thursday, setting off on a rampage that killed 11 other people and left 31 wounded. Authorities killed the gunman, and the violence was believed to be the worst mass shooting in history at a U.S. military base.

what are the statistics....are mental health professionals statistically more likely to commit a crime? one would think that certain personality types and individuals posessing certain traits may be more drawn to a career in the field due to their own situation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Two other soldiers taken into custody following the deadly rampage have been released, Fort Hood spokesman Christopher Haug told The Associated Press. "They're not believed to be involved in the incident," Haug said. He said a third person was in custody, however.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I dislike watching the news because of stories like this

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Turns out it was just one shooter (who is alive and in custody) and the others that were detained were held for interviews and have since been released.

Updated CNN story

·
Registered
223 Posts
CBS reported this morning that he was heard chanting some muslim phrase while he carried out this Horrendous Massacre!
I am Sorry but every time I hear of or see stories like this, I lose it! And this is just my opinion weather it be right - wrong - or indifferent but we should have pushed the big red button on them on 09/12/2001 and I know some people will disagree with me and that's fine, that's there opinion and everyone is entitled to there opinion! All I know there is not a day that has gone by without me thinking about what happened. I literally watched the second plane turn over Staten Island (where I live and worked at the time) and barrel into the WTC tower. And everyday I drive into work (Queens, where I presently work) on 278 East (Brooklyn-Queens Expressway) I see lower Manhattan and I don't see the towers, I get sick to my stomach and I think of what happened, I get emotional, very emotional! And I know I am not the only one who suffers from what transpired that day. We all suffered that day!
Again, I am sorry but this is the way I feel! And that is all the ranting I am going to do!
Sorry again!

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
we should have pushed the big red button on them on 09/12/2001 and I know some people will disagree with me and that's fine
What would you have aimed it at? The city of Kabul, where the Taliban and Al Quada had only a modest presence and the vast majority of the population hated them? The training camps that only had a handful of people in them and which we were easily able to destroy with conventional weapons?

I'm all for taking the gloves off but I don't see what killing hundreds of thousands of people that had nothing to do with 9/11 would accomplish. What we should have done was sent our own troops to Tora Bora instead of relying on local warlords. The White House should have allowed the Pentagon and CIA to use air-dropped mines to close off the escape routes into Pakistain. This was requested by our guys on the ground but the Europeans threw a hissy fit about it (mines, OMG, they might HURT someone!) and the Bush administration caved to their pressure.

Had the political hacks in the White House listened to the guys on the ground it's quite probable that Osama Bin Laden would be dead or rotting away in Club Gitmo. Check out this book sometime. It was written by a Delta Force operative that was on the ground when Bin Laden made good his escape. It will make your blood boil.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.