New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone clear this up for me.. I would like to purchase a Springfield XDM 40 Competition. But it only comes with a magazine not legal in my city. I have found a piece that you can install in the mag to limit the round capacity to 10. Will this round limiter make the mag compliant?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
What capacity does it come with? 10 RD is NYS and NYC limit. I would speak to firearms unit NYPD for confirmation.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
how will you take possesion of the high caps mags? you will need a FFL or gunsmith to make the conversion prior to you taking ownership.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The mag change needs to be permanent. That looks like its easily removed unless Im missing something.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Good luck on getting any online shop to ship the pistol to NYC or even NY. If a gunshop or ffl will order for you and convert then you shoudl be OK.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@MDX. I think what you've stated is the only route. The only sure way to be sure it's legal is to consult a gunshop to see if it even can be made perm. AND ..... See if we can even get it shipped there. Thanks guys. If all else fails I'll go with the XDm .45. It's ships with a 10 rd. mag.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I believe Bloomingidiot wants to be governor. Could imagine him as guv? We would be even more phucked than we are now. Even the NYPD hate that prick.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Call up Springfield or the Dealer that you are buying it from. And they should know that your in NYC or NYS if you tell them & they can sell you the gun with only the 10 round capacity. And not the 13 round that comes with the gun etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts