New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have hand gun companies ever considered making slim single stack pistols for 10 round markets?
seems like there is to much emphasis on making high capacity pistols
(btw - I know that gun companies offer 10 round compliant magazines)

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
No. >10 round mags are standard capacity. 10 round mags are "reduced capacity." Why should gun companies focus on the dumb states when the other 45 are giving them profit for standard capacity mags?

· Registered
4,105 Posts
I don't quite get your point dodge. There are plenty of single stack pistols on the market. Beyond that, it wouldn't make much financial sense for companies to make entirely different reduced capacity versions of their standard capacity double stack models for just a couple of states. (States which have also have some of the lowest handgun ownership numbers)

· Registered
5,426 Posts
They are coming out with really thin carry guns in like .40 or 9mm with about 9 round capacities that are extra slim and take single stack mags standard.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No. >10 round mags are standard capacity. 10 round mags are "reduced capacity." Why should gun companies focus on the dumb states when the other 45 are giving them profit for standard capacity mags?
actually, Canada, Europe, Russia, South East Asia, and parts of Latin America limit pistol mags to 10 rounds. And, Sig Glock Beretta H&K are based in Europe, I believe - and yes people do own guns in Europe and Canada

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
actually, Canada, Europe, Russia, South East Asia, and parts of Latin America limit pistol mags to 10 rounds. And, Sig Glock Beretta H&K are based in Europe, I believe - and yes people do own guns in Europe and Canada
And yet what are the standard capacities of the Sig P226, Glock 17, Beretta 92FS, HK USP 9? >10 rounds. They get limited for the dumb places that don't trust their citizens, but the majority of places they are sold do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.