New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to do an m1 carbine conversion on my 10/22 that I have had for years. Problem being that my 10/22 is an all weather "stainless steel" model which would look ridiculous converted. I need some opinions on how to proceed. Should I sell/trade my all weather for a blued one? Or mabye try to find someone to duracoat the thing black? What do you all think? I'm kinda stumped.

· Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 10/22 is currently wearing a houge overmoulded stock (which I quite like) and a rail mounted bushnell banner scope. I am out of town right now so I can't post pics at the moment but it is in great condition, regular cleaning after every range session etc. PM me with an offer if you like.

· Registered
2,107 Posts
keep it and buy another
do this 10/22 are great and inexpensive. I just bought a used one today which will be the third 10/22 I own.

· Registered
11,402 Posts
So I want to do an m1 carbine conversion on my 10/22 that I have had for years. Problem being that my 10/22 is an all weather "stainless steel" model which would look ridiculous converted. I need some opinions on how to proceed. Should I sell/trade my all weather for a blued one? Or mabye try to find someone to duracoat the thing black? What do you all think? I'm kinda stumped.
cerakote that barrel. In the end is going to be more durable than a blued one.

· Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would keep it and get another except I have limited gun safe space and two 10/22s just seem redundant to me. I have been looking into coating it myself but it seems that to do a proper job I would need an air compressor and an air brush and I don't wish to invest in any of that, plus I live in a fairly small apartment so I don't really want to be spraying paint around anyway. I'd pay to have someone do it though.

· Registered
421 Posts
I would keep it and get another except I have limited gun safe space.
There is the real problem., I equate a gun safe to buildling a garage, if you need 2 stalls, build 3, if you need 3 stalls, buidl a bigger workshop with the garage

I just bought my 2nd 24 gun safe, and am on the verge of going in closet security safes (in wall safe) in several rooms

back to topic, just buy another 10/22, I am on my 3rd too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.