New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
This guy is going to be a thorn in Bumbleturd's side. I love it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
They had a story on him on 10-10 News Radio this morning. Needles to say, he was spun as a bit of a nut...

·
Registered
172 Posts
The government should be sponsoring programs like this, not forcing private citizens to do it. Definitely a good guy looking to help the less fortunate protect their homes and their families.

$140 for the permit And $91.50 for fingerprinting?? Are these things printed on rare Egyptian papyrus? Is the ink made of gold? I believe it's only $20 here in Erie county, and $10 more if you have them take the pictures.

·
Registered
341 Posts
We need more proactive guys like this. He says he's going to ask fellow city dwellers for help in permit costs, etc. That's a really big deal, because he'll get that help, demonstrating what THE PEOPLE want.

I hope it takes off in a huge way! And at only 39 years old, he's got a lot of years ahead to continue the fight for our rights.

·
Registered
548 Posts
The article says nypd can deny shotgun permits for bad driving records or "lack of character". How is this possible what does that even mean. How is legal for them to deny a natural right because of a poor driving record

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
The article says nypd can deny shotgun permits for bad driving records or "lack of character". How is this possible what does that even mean. How is legal for them to deny a natural right because of a poor driving record
Because we live in the People's Republic of New York - that Constitution thingy doesn't apply here (especially in the City)...

·
Registered
274 Posts
$140 for the permit And $91.50 for fingerprinting?? Are these things printed on rare Egyptian papyrus? Is the ink made of gold? I believe it's only $20 here in Erie county, and $10 more if you have them take the pictures.
The $91.50 is the standard fingerprint & license fee in Downstate ( I paid the same in Putnam). The additional $140.00 is a surcharge on the audacity for wanting to protect yourself in the Utopian Cesspool of NYC.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
The government should be sponsoring programs like this, not forcing private citizens to do it. Definitely a good guy looking to help the less fortunate protect their homes and their families.

Erie county now uses digital finger printing, cost $110.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Because it is not about legality. You are welcome to lodge a challege if you are denied, and you would proabably win. But that will cost you vast amounts of money and time, and they know that...

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
They deny ccw in many bordering counties for the same reason, and don't bother applying for a ccw in NYC if your record isn't spotless. And it is for this reason thaa the new law in Cali is going to be a problem. They will start confiscating peoples guns for bad driving records.

Thank goodness for this guy, I'm going to donate $20 to the cause!.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
If driving habits are indicative of irresponsible gun ownership in NYS, then for Pete's sake the government should restrict any bad driver from joining the army..(it's a gun nigthmare waiting to happen ..-sarc.). What's next?, the big gulp!.. damn if you can't control your soda habit, you should 'nt own a gun!. NYC has a *control freak* problem.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Great news. I hope he's successful.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I want to give benefit of the doubt. I may not know what I'm reading, but how is this possibly constitutional in light of Heller and McDonald? "lacks character" is a purely subjective thing.

SCOTUS has said a person unequivocally can have a common use firearm in their home for defense. How can NYC deny this? This is ripe for litigation now isn't it? Is this tying into Tresmond's recent comments that Sullivan Law is in the crosshairs? There is NO way this can stand (as far as I can tell).

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
One thing might help the gent pass this program as popular in NYC by giving it a pretty promo name..such as; *Biden's Love thy neighbor Protection Program*.. a citizen' secure alarm system for the kids.

·
Registered
832 Posts
how can nypd be allowed to judge the public on bad character? how many of them have been arrested for dwi, abuse and many other things involving lack of character

·
Registered
480 Posts
how can nypd be allowed to judge the public on bad character? how many of them have been arrested for dwi, abuse and many other things involving lack of character
They judge other peoples character regarding firearms? How about they get judged on marksmanship (or lack thereof). If they could hit as many perps as they do innocent bystanders, crime might actually decrease. I'm tired of seeing cases where they open fire with little regard for those around them. Or the suspect who gets struck by 40 rounds, with a majority of those in the soles of his feet. Whatever happened with the Empire State bldg incident where bystanders got hit with ricochets?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts