New York Firearms Forum banner

...another 336 question

Tags
336 question
1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  samdweezel05 
#1 · (Edited)
I am considering putting a red dot scope on my newly acquired 336 but want to buy a weaver type base that is the same length as the receiver. The one that was on the gun was a weaver 63A that hung 2" over the barrel. I considered that an eye sore. The sights I am considering are the Burris fastfire or the bushnell tr-25. From what I can tell getting a two piece base (and only using one of the two pieces) would not give me enough surface area to mount the RDS. ideas/suggestions?

#3 ·
I looked at this system and I am not sure that it will fit on my gun because of its production year (1976). I don't want to put a red dot on it either but I know the stock dovetail and buckhorn wont give me much precision.

#7 ·
I have all the parts for the stock sights except the front sight base. Waiting on it from Midway. Plan is too try the stock sight pieces first. If that doesn't pan out I will try the peep. If that doesn't pan out I may just have to come out with a plan C.

#9 ·
I am trying to get more info on the Skinner sight. Specifically the skinner express. It looks like it may be a good sight. The site has tons of info on it but does not specify if I can use the stock Marlin front base and dovetail with the peep so I shot them an email.. There are no good gunsmiths in my area so whatever has to get done modification wise has to be done by me.

#10 ·
I like the scout mount on my 336's when it comes to a red dot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.